Dlink DSL -300T

Old April 12th 06, 08:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Dlink DSL -300T

hi
i have a d link dsl 300t ethernet adsl modem, and i cant seem to access
its setup pages.
the manual tells u to plug it in, and type its ip into iexplore, but i
just get the message "web page unavalible whilst offline"
also if i set my tcp/ip settings to "automaticly detect ip address" i
get the bubble kindly informing me that i have limited or no
conectivity. So i have set the ip, subnet mask and gatway to wat it
should be and this got rid of the error. i did enable the DHCP watsit
but the fact still remains that i cannot access the modem itself throug
internet explorer. I cant think of what to try next, ive tryed useing a
diffrent network card so its not that. the modem is brand new so its
not that either.

any help much appretiated

simon

Old April 13th 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
GM6TRS

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Had similar problem with a Linksys modem. The eventual 'cure' was to put
the IP of the modem into the "trusted sites zone" of IE. My 'normal'
zone is fairly restrictive, and 'trusted' is pretty well anything goes,
so I don't know which parameter is the vital one.

Also found it's worth putting the modem IP into 'Favourites', and
clicking that to access the set up page, as otherwise IE is trying to
find your default home page while you're still typing the address.

Had no problem with my early version of free Zone Alarm, but YMMV if you
have a later, or different firewall.

- -
Martin

Old April 14th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
simon

thanks for the ideas, irl give it ago