Geographic number in France

Old April 13th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Geographic number in France

Hi!

I'd like to know if there is a provider which offers a FREE SIP
geographic number in France (Paris, Lione etc)... Do you know one?
Doesn't matter if I don't live there....

Thanks in advance! :-)

--
luca

Old April 13th 06, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
totally free!
Don't you know any of that kind in France?
I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
really don't like them!

Thank you! :-)

Old April 14th 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

wrote:
Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
I'd like something like SipGate or
www.stanaphone.com ... They are
totally free!
Don't you know any of that kind in France?
I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
really don't like them!

Thank you! :-)

Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (10 every 120 days) -
no free calls either.

Old April 14th 06, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

paul123 wrote:
wrote:
Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
I'd like something like SipGate or
www.stanaphone.com ... They are
totally free!
Don't you know any of that kind in France?
I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
really don't like them!

Thank you! :-)

Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (10 every 120 days) -
no free calls either.

Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
2/month.
Old April 15th 06, 06:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
My Name

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:32:32 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
wrote:

paul123 wrote:
wrote:
Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
I'd like something like SipGate or
www.stanaphone.com ... They are
totally free!
Don't you know any of that kind in France?
I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
really don't like them!

Thank you! :-)

Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (€10 every 120 days) -
no free calls either.

Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
2/month.

Voipdiscount and the like seem to be the best deal. 10 euros for 4
months works out to 2.5 euros a month or 30 euros a year even if you
don't make any calls. You can always use the credit for calling
mobiles and rip-off numbers (in eihter the UK or France for that
matter) which you sometimes can't escape.
Old April 15th 06, 07:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

paul123 wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You're right, voipdiscount seems to be the best compromise... but,
if I don't make calls during the 120 days, will I always have the
chance to receive calls to the geo numbers? Or better, will they cancel
my 10euros credit or not?
thank you!

Old April 15th 06, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

Scope wrote:

This way you can atleast keep the credits in case you one day get
family or friends in one of the chargeable countries.

Or forward some calls to your mobile ...