Any way to get BT line reconnected and switch to TalkTalk ??

Old April 14th 06, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Default Any way to get BT line reconnected and switch to TalkTalk ??

I am currently with NTL for Broadband/phone/tv
I would like to go to TalkTalk and sky freeview , is there anyway to get BT
to reconnect me and then go to TalkTalk ,
without being tied in to a 12 month line rental with BT or having to pay a
99 install fee ?

Thanks

Old April 14th 06, 10:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
londoncityslicker

"Jim" wrote in message
I am currently with NTL for Broadband/phone/tv
I would like to go to TalkTalk and sky freeview , is there anyway to get

BT
to reconnect me and then go to TalkTalk ,
without being tied in to a 12 month line rental with BT or having to pay a
99 install fee ?

Thanks

Reconnections are free now aren't they?

And if I remember you are commited to staying with BT for only 3 months.
Thereafter you can walk and pay your line rental to whoever you like.

A.

Old April 14th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I am currently with NTL for Broadband/phone/tv
I would like to go to TalkTalk and sky freeview , is there anyway to get
BT to reconnect me and then go to TalkTalk ,
without being tied in to a 12 month line rental with BT or having to pay a
99 install fee ?

If you had a BT line before they will reconnect for free. Talk-Talk rental
costs the same as BT so there is no benefit unless you want the BB package
which is only available on 20% of exchanges.

Peter Crosland

Old April 14th 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

It is for the BB that I want it
There is a BT fitted socket but since I've lived here I've been on NTL

Old April 14th 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bacillus Cereus

Jim wrote:
It is for the BB that I want it
There is a BT fitted socket but since I've lived here I've been on NTL

free to reconnect and you can usually take your NTL number with you if
you so wish.......

http://tinyurl.com/rwuzh
Old April 14th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Peter Crosland wrote :
I am currently with NTL for Broadband/phone/tv
I would like to go to TalkTalk and sky freeview , is there anyway to get BT
to reconnect me and then go to TalkTalk ,
without being tied in to a 12 month line rental with BT or having to pay a
99 install fee ?

If you had a BT line before they will reconnect for free. Talk-Talk rental
costs the same as BT so there is no benefit unless you want the BB package
which is only available on 20% of exchanges.

Peter Crosland

If the /house/ has had BT before, they should re-connect the line free
for susequnt applicant at that address. (In other words, it doesn't
have to be *you* that's had BT at the house)

Old April 14th 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jim:
It is for the BB that I want it

Prepare yourself for nothing but headaches with the unreliable TalkTalk
broadband.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

It has removed 148 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old April 15th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bazza

Jim wrote:
I am currently with NTL for Broadband/phone/tv
I would like to go to TalkTalk and sky freeview , is there anyway to get BT
to reconnect me and then go to TalkTalk ,
without being tied in to a 12 month line rental with BT or having to pay a
99 install fee ?

Thanks

Just done it myself
Didn't cost anything to reconnect and only 3 months contract
Trying ADSL with a view to switching from NTL BB

Bazza