Artificial speed test results ?

Old April 14th 06, 03:52 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
?uzzled

Default Artificial speed test results ?

I've got the Solo1000 (1Mb) package from Pipex. Speed tests at adslguide.com
shows 819Kbps (102.4KB/s) connection but my downloads are only coming down
at 16KB/s. I know P2P is throttled but this is just downloading from the
web.

Have Pipex enabled full speed on a port that the speedtest uses to
artificially create better test results ?

Old April 14th 06, 07:28 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Mac

I've got the Solo1000 (1Mb) package from Pipex. Speed tests at adslguide.com
shows 819Kbps (102.4KB/s) connection but my downloads are only coming down
at 16KB/s. I know P2P is throttled but this is just downloading from the
web.

Have Pipex enabled full speed on a port that the speedtest uses to
artificially create better test results ?

As the speed test uses port 80 also I doubt it.
Is it ALL web sources that are at 16kB/s or all?
If the server you are downloading from is slow then there is nothing you
can do about it.
Try downloading from microsoft or sun servers, if they run full speed
then the server you are downloading from or the route to it is the issue.

--
Mac
Old April 14th 06, 09:56 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Gray

"?uzzled" wrote in :

I've got the Solo1000 (1Mb) package from Pipex. Speed tests at
adslguide.com shows 819Kbps (102.4KB/s) connection but my downloads
are only coming down at 16KB/s. I know P2P is throttled but this is
just downloading from the web.

Have Pipex enabled full speed on a port that the speedtest uses to
artificially create better test results ?

You should get full speed as long as the origin is fast enough. I do. Pick
a well known to you site and try a download.

--
Stuart

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.