Voip.co.uk - retrieving voicemail from another phone

Old April 14th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

Default Voip.co.uk - retrieving voicemail from another phone

When I dial the 0845 access number from another landline, I get an error
message of the sort 'the mailbox number has not been recognised'. Does
anyone have voicemail retrieve working?
Old April 14th 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 14 Apr 2006, PL writes
When I dial the 0845 access number from another landline, I get an
error message of the sort 'the mailbox number has not been recognised'.
Does anyone have voicemail retrieve working?

No problem at 23:00. Are you entering the mailbox number (not PIN)
followed by # ?

David
Old April 15th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

David Floyd wrote:
In message of Fri, 14 Apr 2006, PL writes

When I dial the 0845 access number from another landline, I get an
error message of the sort 'the mailbox number has not been
recognised'. Does anyone have voicemail retrieve working?

No problem at 23:00. Are you entering the mailbox number (not PIN)
followed by # ?

David

Thanks for that, it works fine with your advice.

I was actually following voip.co.uk's instructions, below, taken from
their technical documentation, which omits the requirement for # after
the mailbox number.

quote
you may also access your voicemail from any other non VoIP.co.uk
telephone by calling 0845 *** ****

Hint: You will need to enter your Mailbox and PIN number, which can be
discovered (and your PIN number changed) by visiting my.voip.co.uk,
within the 'Voicemail Profile' section.
unquote
Old April 23rd 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

adamc wrote:

Where are the instructions on this? I can't seem to find it on their
site. I know they were trialling a documentation site, but the links
aren't that obvious on their site.

http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi