DTMF on VoIP Buster / VoIP Stunt

Old April 15th 06, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PeterW

Default DTMF on VoIP Buster / VoIP Stunt

Sean wrote in
:

Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
using other SIP providers.

Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?

You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
means using G.711a or G.711u).

Peter
Old April 15th 06, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

PeterW wrote:
Sean wrote in
:

Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
using other SIP providers.

Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?

You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
means using G.711a or G.711u).

Peter

in-band... is that the method i need to choose then?

so dtmfmmode=in-band ?

Will have a mess with it soon, just trying to move asterisk to a new
hard drive !
Old April 15th 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

got it!

dtmfmode=inband ! thanks
Old April 17th 06, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news.x-privat.org

Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster....

I am doing much the same thing here.

I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
using Stunts server)

* asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
so I can make free calls from any UK landline.

It all works great apart from one thing.

The calls to both PSTN phones are incoming,

so when I have finished the call how on earth do I clear the calls down???

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old April 17th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster....

I am doing much the same thing here.

I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
using Stunts server)

* asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
so I can make free calls from any UK landline.

It all works great apart from one thing,

When I have finished the call how on earth do I clear it down???

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old April 18th 06, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Graham wrote:
Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster....

I am doing much the same thing here.

I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
using Stunts server)

* asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
so I can make free calls from any UK landline.

It all works great apart from one thing,

When I have finished the call how on earth do I clear it down???

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

I don't know how you have yours setup.

I don't get an internal dial tone, mine calls you back with a calling
card gateway. When i hang up it stops all calls, or i can press ** and
make another one

Old April 23rd 06, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

PeterW wrote:
Sean wrote in
:

Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
using other SIP providers.

Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?

You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
means using G.711a or G.711u).

Peter

Ok, so i've now started messing with different codecs. Using GSM, what
do voipbuster accept? .. It seems they don't accept any!

Another SIP compnay i use used inband when using G711.. But now that i
am using GSM the RFC2833 works... But no luck on VB yet
Old April 23rd 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

PeterW wrote:
Sean wrote in
:

Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
using other SIP providers.

Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?

You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
means using G.711a or G.711u).

Peter

I'm not techie enough to understand all this, but I have read elsewhere
that Voipbuster et al do not seem to allow simultaneous calls anyway

Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know

Old April 23rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

andy wrote:
PeterW wrote:
Sean wrote in
:

Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
using other SIP providers.

Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?

You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
means using G.711a or G.711u).

Peter

I'm not techie enough to understand all this, but I have read elsewhere
that Voipbuster et al do not seem to allow simultaneous calls anyway

Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know

I can manage three calls at once out of my voipbuster trunk it seems...
Actually, just tried now, and managed 4 calls.
Old April 23rd 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

Sean wrote:
Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know

I can manage three calls at once out of my voipbuster trunk it seems...
Actually, just tried now, and managed 4 calls.

Oh right, I don't have any hardware installation, asterisk or anything.

I'm thinking of using it with separate callback service, and people
seem to have had no audio when trying it, or the second call dropping
out the first one.