Printer IP Adress

Old April 15th 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
R D S

Default Printer IP Adress

I have a Epson cC900 laser and I have it connected to my modem/router.
The lights on the router are on as are the lights on the NIC? on the
printer.

Apparently I need the IP address to I can add new printer.

I have downloaded and tried just about every piece of software on Epsons
site 'netconfig', 'winassist' etc but all I get is 'searching'.
Has anyone any pointers to how I can make this easier?
Should I be able to see the printer in explorer under networks?

Any advice appreciated.

Rick

Old April 15th 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Fryatt

R D S wrote:
I have a Epson cC900 laser and I have it connected to my modem/router.
The lights on the router are on as are the lights on the NIC? on the
printer.

Apparently I need the IP address to I can add new printer.

I have downloaded and tried just about every piece of software on Epsons
site 'netconfig', 'winassist' etc but all I get is 'searching'.
Has anyone any pointers to how I can make this easier?
Should I be able to see the printer in explorer under networks?

If it's like my Samsung laser, connected to the network via a print
server....

You can't see the printer as a separate device under 'networks'. I think
that option refers to printers connected to PCs and then shared.

You need to either know the default IP address of the printer or set it
to a value you select. You can set the printer IP address on the actual
printer control panel, as explained in the manual.
ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/...son23746eu.pdf

The Lexmark software does a similar search thing, but it doesn't seem to
work well. Once I set the server to a specific IP address then I could
connect to it.

John
Old April 15th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , R D S says...
I have a Epson cC900 laser and I have it connected to my modem/router.
The lights on the router are on as are the lights on the NIC? on the
printer.

Apparently I need the IP address to I can add new printer.

I have downloaded and tried just about every piece of software on Epsons
site 'netconfig', 'winassist' etc but all I get is 'searching'.
Has anyone any pointers to how I can make this easier?
Should I be able to see the printer in explorer under networks?

Any advice appreciated.

Have you got File and Printer Sharing added to the list of exceptions
for Windows Firewall?

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.
Old April 15th 06, 07:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
R D S

"John Fryatt" wrote in message
R D S wrote:
[...]

Well after reading that I will give EpsonNet easy install a go, I have been
trying with EpsonNet Config.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers,
Rick

Old April 15th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
R D S

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , R D S says...
I have a Epson cC900 laser and I have it connected to my modem/router.
The lights on the router are on as are the lights on the NIC? on the
printer.

Apparently I need the IP address to I can add new printer.

I have downloaded and tried just about every piece of software on Epsons
site 'netconfig', 'winassist' etc but all I get is 'searching'.
Has anyone any pointers to how I can make this easier?
Should I be able to see the printer in explorer under networks?

Any advice appreciated.

Have you got File and Printer Sharing added to the list of exceptions
for Windows Firewall?

Windows firewall is switched off.

Old April 15th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graham

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a Epson cC900 laser and I have it connected to my modem/router.
The lights on the router are on as are the lights on the NIC? on the
printer.

Apparently I need the IP address to I can add new printer.

I have downloaded and tried just about every piece of software on Epsons
site 'netconfig', 'winassist' etc but all I get is 'searching'.
Has anyone any pointers to how I can make this easier?
Should I be able to see the printer in explorer under networks?

Any advice appreciated.

Rick

As John said , the printer has to have an IP address assigned inside it
first , either manually via the front panel buttons, or possibly using a
remote utility (never done it this way).

Once it has an IP address, then you should be able to find it on the
network.

Graham

Old April 15th 06, 10:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
R D S

"Graham" wrote in message
"R D S" wrote in message
[...]

This printer has no buttons.

Old April 15th 06, 11:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Fryatt

R D S wrote:
"Graham" wrote in message
"R D S" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmm... seems like the manual I referred to before was one for several
Cxxxx series printers, some of which do have a control panel.
It would appear that your C900 does not have network connectivity as
standard, and this is provided by an add-in card. Unfortunately Epson
don't have the manual for the card on-line. Do you have it? Does that
give any help. Maybe a default IP address, and a way to reset the card
to defaults?

John
Old April 16th 06, 01:30 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graham

R D S wrote:
"Graham" wrote in message
"R D S" wrote in message
[...]

I found this :
http://support.epson.ru/products/man...ef_g/opt_4.htm says " See
"EpsonNet WebAssist" in Chapter 10 of Administrator's Manual shipped with
C12C82391. " the ethernet interface card.

I assume it is an Aculaser C900 -
http://support2.epson.net/manuals/en...EF_G/GET_2.HTM
and
http://support2.epson.net/manuals/en...EF_G/INDEX.HTM
..

The online reference guide is a bit sketchy.

Graham

Old April 16th 06, 01:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graham

R D S wrote:
"Graham" wrote in message
"R D S" wrote in message
[...]