Handset info required

Old April 15th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ted_radioham

Default Handset info required

Yes it is just outbound, although I do have a phone number with them I rarly
get any inbound calls. I have xlite already with sipgate on, I need to find
how to configure it I guess. Thanks for the info.

Ted

Old April 15th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Jono

ted_radioham expressed precisely :
"ted_radioham" wrote in message

Anyone tell me if there is a usb connection phone that I can use with
VOIPCHEAP ?.

Thanks in advance.

Plenty, if all you're after is sound & speech................or are you
wanting to dial with your USB phone whilst using the Voipcheap
softfone?

If the latter, there's an xlite version for the Cyberphone K which will
allow you to dial with the handset.

Yes the latter, So I just buy a syberphone k and use it in the usb
port
so I am able to recieve and dial out on vopicheap, is that the case,
thanks.

Ted

Basically, yes.

You would use the Cyberphone K & Xlite, rather than Voipcheap's softfone.

Is it just for outbound calling that you will use it for?

Judging by the cost of the Cyberphone, wouldn't you be better off going
for
something like the Linksys PAP2
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2222 or
Sipura 1001 http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_spa1001.html to name but two?

Both are much more flexible & don't require a PC to be for you to use
VoIP.
(Assuming you have a router, that is.)

You might also want to subscribe to uk.telecom.voip........

FUs set to uk.t.v, in order to avoid the accusations that will be flying
shortly.

Yes it is just outbound, although I do have a phone number with them I
rarly
get any inbound calls. I have xlite already with sipgate on, I need to
find
how to configure it I guess. Thanks for the info.

Ted

I've put your all the bits you've snipped back in as no-one would understand
your post without any context.

I hope you didn't miss the fact that Follow-Ups are set to uk.telecom.voip.

Ask within uk.t.voip for Voipcheap specific settings for X-Lite. You can
have more than one service provider with X-Lite.