ADSL Max gone quiet? Are ISPs now offering it?

Old April 15th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default ADSL Max gone quiet? Are ISPs now offering it?

Im currently on a 1mbit connection, but does anyone know if ISPs are now
offering ADSL Max as an upgrade to existing customers? I have just logged
into my control panel at my ISP but there are still no options to upgrade to
ADSL Max, even though BT say my line is good for at least 4mbit now. I am
asking this as a general enquiry for all ISPs and I have not mentioned my
ISPs name on purpose.

John

Old April 15th 06, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rolleston

"John" writes:
Im currently on a 1mbit connection, but does anyone know if ISPs are now
offering ADSL Max as an upgrade to existing customers? I have just logged
into my control panel at my ISP but there are still no options to upgrade to
ADSL Max, even though BT say my line is good for at least 4mbit now. I am
asking this as a general enquiry for all ISPs and I have not mentioned my
ISPs name on purpose.

I've not heard anything either. If anyone on Tiscali has any news about this,
I'd be very interested to hear it.

Thanks,

R.
Old April 15th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , John says...
Im currently on a 1mbit connection, but does anyone know if ISPs are now
offering ADSL Max as an upgrade to existing customers? I have just logged
into my control panel at my ISP but there are still no options to upgrade to
ADSL Max, even though BT say my line is good for at least 4mbit now. I am
asking this as a general enquiry for all ISPs and I have not mentioned my
ISPs name on purpose.

John

not all as yet, some are still only offering IPStream 2Mbps deals at the
moment.

There may be good financial reasons for ISPs who aren't doing 8 meg as
yet, including legacy deals from BTWholesale which are cheaper for
provisioning than the newer CBC arrangements. But as happens those deals
will become rare, just like ISPs who existed only on dialup accounts
eventually died off or merged as broadband left them behind.

FR
Old April 15th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dudicous

John wrote:
Im currently on a 1mbit connection, but does anyone know if ISPs are now
offering ADSL Max as an upgrade to existing customers? I have just logged
into my control panel at my ISP but there are still no options to upgrade to
ADSL Max, even though BT say my line is good for at least 4mbit now. I am
asking this as a general enquiry for all ISPs and I have not mentioned my
ISPs name on purpose.

John

ADSL Max is actually a marketing ploy, NO-ONE will ever receive it.
The few people that say they are currently on it are BOTS. Believe
no-one.

Old April 15th 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 Apr 2006 21:07, Flying Rat wrote:

just like ISPs who existed only on dialup accounts eventually died
off or merged as broadband left them behind.

So any listed on net4now.com or ispreview.co.uk (must admit I have not
checked both today before posting) are a figment of the imagination ?
Old April 15th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lee

"Rolleston" wrote in message
"John" writes:
Im currently on a 1mbit connection, but does anyone know if ISPs are now
offering ADSL Max as an upgrade to existing customers? I have just
logged
into my control panel at my ISP but there are still no options to upgrade
ADSL Max, even though BT say my line is good for at least 4mbit now. I
am
asking this as a general enquiry for all ISPs and I have not mentioned my
ISPs name on purpose.

I've not heard anything either. If anyone on Tiscali has any news about
this,
I'd be very interested to hear it.

Thanks,

R.

Tiscali are not yet offering ADSLMAX however keep your eyes peeled as there
should be something very soon

Lee

Old April 15th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

I am not a bot, and i am on F2S ADSL MAX.......

adslguide.org shows lots of ISPs offering it
Old April 15th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , John
wrote
Im currently on a 1mbit connection, but does anyone know if ISPs are now
offering ADSL Max as an upgrade to existing customers? I have just logged
into my control panel at my ISP but there are still no options to upgrade to
ADSL Max, even though BT say my line is good for at least 4mbit now. I am
asking this as a general enquiry for all ISPs and I have not mentioned my
ISPs name on purpose.

My ISP (freedom2 surf) offered the option a couple of weeks ago and I
have since upgraded for a 5 one off payment.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old April 15th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rolleston

"Lee" writes:
"Rolleston" wrote in message

I've not heard anything either. If anyone on Tiscali has any news about
this,
I'd be very interested to hear it.

Tiscali are not yet offering ADSLMAX however keep your eyes peeled as there
should be something very soon

Sounds interesting, thanks.

R.
Old April 15th 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , poster says...
On 15 Apr 2006 21:07, Flying Rat wrote:

just like ISPs who existed only on dialup accounts eventually died
off or merged as broadband left them behind.

So any listed on net4now.com or ispreview.co.uk (must admit I have not
checked both today before posting) are a figment of the imagination ?

must be.

Now take your head from up your arse and accept that there are plenty of
old dialup ISPs which went by the wayside or merged/got taken over.
Others struggled badly as their FRIACO business models collapsed. The
rest got into broadband as well.

The same will happen to ISPs offering only old legacy products
eventually. Time moves on. You adapt or die, or end up barely existing
on the scraps the rest leave behind until someone comes along with a
merger deal like the Brightview virtual ISPs or Tiscali.