Talk Talk terms and conditions.

Old April 15th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tad Confused

Default Talk Talk terms and conditions.

The page with the link.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...BB HELP.BBFAQ

The link
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...=PRODUCT_TERMS

Which changes to this.
http://media.phonehouse.com/mediaser...4&ver=3&RD=YES

Which give "an error has occured......"

Can anyone actually access the T&Cs?

Will need to see them before I sign up.

Old April 15th 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:20:16 UTC, "Tad Confused"
wrote:

http://media.phonehouse.com/mediaser...r?id=BBTERMS11
49264&ver=3&RD=YES

Which give "an error has occured......"

Can anyone actually access the T&Cs?

Yes. I quoted from them earlier, remember? But then you say you're so
smart - find them. Perhaps TT make them difficult to find for a reason
(just a theory).

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 15th 06, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dellboy

"Tad Confused" wrote in message
The page with the link.

http://media.phonehouse.com/mediaser...4&ver=3&RD=YES

Works fine here but you need Adobe Acrobat to open it as it`s PDF format.

Old April 15th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:20:16 GMT, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Tad
Confused" wrote:

Can anyone actually access the T&Cs?

Works for me.

Paras 2.3 and 5.3 are relevant:
"When we provide you with a Service, we will use the reasonable skill
and care of a competent service provider but we cannot guarantee that
the service will always be fault-free."

"You also accept that Transmission Speeds are dependent on your
proximity to your local telephone exchange."

5.6 is also /very/ interesting:

"...we may require you to install on your PC certain software
belonging to a third party....By installing this software you will
also allow us [remote] access to your PC"

If you're thinking of suing them later, you might also want to
consider 9.2
"We shall not be liable for any loss ... calculated by reference to
profits, income, or business or loss of such profits, income, or
business or for any loss of data or goodwill."

Its also worth bearing in mind that an earlier clause expressly
forbids any business use, and indemnifies TT against any claims made
relating to such use.

HTH, HAND
Mark McIntyre
Old April 15th 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tad Confused

Confused" wrote:

Can anyone actually access the T&Cs?

Works for me.

Paras 2.3 and 5.3 are relevant:
"When we provide you with a Service, we will use the reasonable skill
and care of a competent service provider but we cannot guarantee that
the service will always be fault-free."

Thats fair enough and reasonable enough it tantamount to
'fit for purpose'. No probs.

"You also accept that Transmission Speeds are dependent on your
proximity to your local telephone exchange."

No probs I am only a few miles away.

5.6 is also /very/ interesting:

"...we may require you to install on your PC certain software
belonging to a third party....By installing this software you will
also allow us [remote] access to your PC"

Needs futher expalination and context.

If you're thinking of suing them later, you might also want to
consider 9.2
"We shall not be liable for any loss ... calculated by reference to
profits, income, or business or loss of such profits, income, or
business or for any loss of data or goodwill."

Not for buisness use - fair enough.

Its also worth bearing in mind that an earlier clause expressly
forbids any business use, and indemnifies TT against any claims made
relating to such use.

Again no probs I am not running a business I nor would I
expect a business to use an ISP intended for non-commercial use.

HTH, HAND
Mark McIntyre

Old April 15th 06, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:47:21 GMT, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Tad
Confused" wrote:

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message
.. .

"You also accept that Transmission Speeds are dependent on your
proximity to your local telephone exchange."

No probs I am only a few miles away.

Fine, but remember that crow-flight distance doesn't equate to cable
length, and also that for 8Mb you need to have a certain maximum
signal drop, which depends on both distance and cable quality.

If you're thinking of suing them later, you might also want to
consider 9.2
"We shall not be liable for any loss ... calculated by reference to
profits, income, or business or loss of such profits, income, or
business or for any loss of data or goodwill."

Not for buisness use - fair enough.

Then your maximum loss would be the two or three months "unsupplied
service", ie less than a pony, and provided you could prove you
actually had lost service to a suitable level. I'm wondering how one
proves "lost service" - its always hard to measure something you don't
have.
Mark McIntyre
Old April 16th 06, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tad Confused

Confused" wrote:

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message
.. .

"You also accept that Transmission Speeds are dependent on your
proximity to your local telephone exchange."

No probs I am only a few miles away.

Fine, but remember that crow-flight distance doesn't equate to cable
length, and also that for 8Mb you need to have a certain maximum
signal drop, which depends on both distance and cable quality.

That applies to alll ISP's not just free ones.
I an very confident I would have no probs.
8 meg down a line capabe of 1000 time that
is a sinch.

If you're thinking of suing them later, you might also want to
consider 9.2
"We shall not be liable for any loss ... calculated by reference to
profits, income, or business or loss of such profits, income, or
business or for any loss of data or goodwill."

Not for buisness use - fair enough.

Then your maximum loss would be the two or three months "unsupplied
service", ie less than a pony, and provided you could prove you
actually had lost service to a suitable level. I'm wondering how one
proves "lost service" - its always hard to measure something you don't
have.

Easy screen shots of bandwidth tests, video of lost
service, a flood of complaints documented on the net.
You think they are going to deny the obvious in court.
The judge will take a dim view of that.

If you really were worried about court costs you could
take out a class action with thousands of others.
25,000 have already signed up by the way.

Mark McIntyre

Old April 16th 06, 01:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

Confused" wrote:

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message
.. .

"You also accept that Transmission Speeds are dependent on your
proximity to your local telephone exchange."

No probs I am only a few miles away.

Fine, but remember that crow-flight distance doesn't equate to cable
length, and also that for 8Mb you need to have a certain maximum
signal drop, which depends on both distance and cable quality.

That applies to alll ISP's not just free ones.
I an very confident I would have no probs.
8 meg down a line capabe of 1000 time that
is a sinch.

8Mb down a line capable of 1000 times that ?

So you reckon you could get a 8Gb connection ?

Old April 16th 06, 01:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Gizmo:

Confused" wrote:

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message

"You also accept that Transmission Speeds are dependent on your
proximity to your local telephone exchange."

No probs I am only a few miles away.

Fine, but remember that crow-flight distance doesn't equate to cable
length, and also that for 8Mb you need to have a certain maximum
signal drop, which depends on both distance and cable quality.

That applies to alll ISP's not just free ones.
I an very confident I would have no probs.
8 meg down a line capabe of 1000 time that
is a sinch.

8Mb down a line capable of 1000 times that ?

So you reckon you could get a 8Gb connection ?

I reckon Tad Confused either works for TalkTalk, or really has lost his
marbles, it's as if the lights are on, but nobody's home.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old April 16th 06, 06:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

That applies to alll ISP's not just free ones.
I an very confident I would have no probs.
8 meg down a line capabe of 1000 time that
is a sinch.

So no need to come back here when it doesn't quite make, then ?

Dave