Network CardDetails

Old April 16th 06, 01:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default Network CardDetails

I want to try out a few network facilities on Linux but need to know
certain data from my Network adapter.

I think the chipset is either amtel or prism, is there a way I can
confirm one way of another.

Geoff Lane

Old April 16th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article
Geoff Lane wrote:
I want to try out a few network facilities on Linux but need to know
certain data from my Network adapter.

I think the chipset is either amtel or prism, is there a way I can
confirm one way of another.

Try EVEREST Home Edition 2.20, downloadable from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/
Old April 17th 06, 01:05 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
I want to try out a few network facilities on Linux but need to know
certain data from my Network adapter.

I think the chipset is either amtel or prism, is there a way I can
confirm one way of another.

Try 'lspci', or examine the card.

HTH,
Alex

Old April 17th 06, 09:38 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:18:58 +0100, phoenix
wrote:

I want to try out a few network facilities on Linux but need to know
certain data from my Network adapter.

I think the chipset is either amtel or prism, is there a way I can
confirm one way of another.

Try EVEREST Home Edition 2.20, downloadable from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/

It's not much use on Linux. g

Can use either as machine is a dual boot.

Geoff Lane

Old April 17th 06, 09:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:05:23 +0100, "Alex Fraser"
wrote:

I want to try out a few network facilities on Linux but need to know
certain data from my Network adapter.

I think the chipset is either amtel or prism, is there a way I can
confirm one way of another.

Try 'lspci', or examine the card.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Geoff Lane

Old April 17th 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article
phoenix wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:09:06 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

In article
Geoff Lane wrote:
I want to try out a few network facilities on Linux but need to know
certain data from my Network adapter.

I think the chipset is either amtel or prism, is there a way I can
confirm one way of another.

Try EVEREST Home Edition 2.20, downloadable from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/

It's not much use on Linux. g

I was assuming dual-boot :-)