TalkTalk and telephone overides like 18866 and 1899

Old April 16th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Isissoft

Default TalkTalk and telephone overides like 18866 and 1899

Anyone know if you can still use overide's on the TalkTalk service ? I make
some calls to perculiar countries and occaionally get stucg so just wanted
to check if anyone knows.

Thanks for any info.
Old April 17th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

"Isissoft" wrote in message
Anyone know if you can still use overide's on the TalkTalk service ? I

make
some calls to perculiar countries and occaionally get stucg so just wanted
to check if anyone knows.

Why don't you go to the Talk Talk website and read their terms and
conditions? This has already been answered here in the last few days. If
you mean like using 18866 or 1899, the answer is no, they dont allow it. As
for Talk Talk generally, you'll usually find that something that is free, is
usually crap, so dont go getting your hopes up that Talk Talk broadband is
going to be any good.

Old April 17th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Jim wrote:
"Isissoft" wrote in message

Anyone know if you can still use overide's on the TalkTalk service ? I

make

some calls to perculiar countries and occaionally get stucg so just wanted
to check if anyone knows.

Why don't you go to the Talk Talk website and read their terms and
conditions? This has already been answered here in the last few days. If
you mean like using 18866 or 1899, the answer is no,

They may not allow it in their T+Cs, but I've been on One Tel (who had
similar restrictions in their T+Cs) and have had no difficulty using
1899, 18866 etc, despite OneTel bills of 0p some months.

Of course OneTel are now TalkTalk/CPW.

--
Mark
Old April 17th 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ACDeag

on 16/04/2006, Isissoft supposed :
Anyone know if you can still use overide's on the TalkTalk service ? I make
some calls to perculiar countries and occaionally get stucg so just wanted
to check if anyone knows.

Thanks for any info.

I think once you have an unbundled line (the calls part) then using
1899 is impossible, however when it is not unbundled but you are paying
TalkTalk rental (i.e. TalkTalk are taking Wholesale Line Rental from
BT) then they can get BT to block the likes of 1899 etc for a small
monthly fee if they wish.

Old April 17th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JO

I have had ntl "free" dialup for about 5 years now - I have to pay a minimum
of 15 a month for voice calls, which I nearly always exceed. No call
charges are involved for the internet service. I was previously paying
about 25 a month for a service from Direct Connection which didn't include
calls. When I made the change I did wonder if it would be crap. In fact
it has been absolutely fine, highly reliable. So a "free" service might be
okay, in my experience it has been.

Old April 18th 06, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tad Confused

Yes a lot of folks try to knock free services cos
they are makinig a lot of money selling an
over priced product.

I can remember when a tupe of superglue cost 5
now you can get 12 for a 1 thats about 1% of the
original price.
And the cheap stuff is better too.

Old April 19th 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Pearce

"Isissoft" wrote in message
Anyone know if you can still use overide's on the TalkTalk service ?
Thanks for any info.

Yes I am with TT and use 1899. However Im calls only
and the line is still billed from BT

Old April 20th 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Downie

Hugh Pearce wrote:
"Isissoft" wrote in message
Anyone know if you can still use overide's on the TalkTalk service ?
Thanks for any info.

Yes I am with TT and use 1899. However Im calls only
and the line is still billed from BT

AIUI, not if you're getting your phone line from an "unbundled" exchange and
paying TT for you line rather than BT.(see
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=185401)

Tim

Old April 21st 06, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Hugh Pearce:
"Isissoft" wrote in message
Anyone know if you can still use overide's on the TalkTalk service ?
Thanks for any info.

Yes I am with TT and use 1899. However Im calls only
and the line is still billed from BT

As your line rental is still with BT, then yes, calls via 1899 will still
work. The question is does 1899 still work with TT line rental.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via: