Smallest system?

Old April 16th 06, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ch212

Default Smallest system?

I need a small home voip pbx system, prefered running under Windows.
Or should I go for a vmware image from [email protected]?
I also came acros axon....

Any advice?

Old April 17th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

ch212 wrote:
I need a small home voip pbx system, prefered running under Windows.
Or should I go for a vmware image from [email protected]?
I also came acros axon....

Any advice?

If you're going to run the AAH vmware on windows, you'll probably need
a whole bunch of RAM. I think nerd vittles recommend 2GB! The extra ram
could be costly. If you have an old PC, you might want to consider the
"normal" AAh as a dedicated machine (an old Dell Piii 500mhz with
256RAM running AAH works great here).

Axon's web based isn't it?

Old April 17th 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

paul123 wrote:
I think nerd vittles recommend 2GB! The extra ram
could be costly.

correction, I just checked that - they say "You'll need a Windows PC
with at least a 500 MHz processor with 256MB of RAM and about 2 gigs of
disk space for this project" - details he
http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=116 - comment 6 talks about 2GB
memory -

Old April 17th 06, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...

ch212 wrote:
I need a small home voip pbx system, prefered running under Windows.
Or should I go for a vmware image from [email protected]?
I also came acros axon....

Any advice?

If you're going to run the AAH vmware on windows, you'll probably need
a whole bunch of RAM. I think nerd vittles recommend 2GB! The extra ram
could be costly. If you have an old PC, you might want to consider the
"normal" AAh as a dedicated machine (an old Dell Piii 500mhz with
256RAM running AAH works great here).

Axon's web based isn't it?

I use the VMware image when my dedicated server is "having some maintenance"
done.

I have 1 gig of ram & it runs fine. That said, if I'm doing anything
intensive, music on hold sounds awful, as do the IVRs

Old April 17th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

"paul123" wrote in message
ps.com...

paul123 wrote:
I think nerd vittles recommend 2GB! The extra ram
could be costly.

correction, I just checked that - they say "You'll need a Windows PC
with at least a 500 MHz processor with 256MB of RAM and about 2 gigs of
disk space for this project" - details he
http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=116 - comment 6 talks about 2GB
memory -

What hardware etc do I need to connect to the pc? Looks an interesting
project.

Old April 18th 06, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Tim Morley wrote:
"paul123" wrote in message
ps.com...

paul123 wrote:
I think nerd vittles recommend 2GB! The extra ram
could be costly.

correction, I just checked that - they say "You'll need a Windows PC
with at least a 500 MHz processor with 256MB of RAM and about 2 gigs of
disk space for this project" - details he
http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=116 - comment 6 talks about 2GB
memory -

What hardware etc do I need to connect to the pc? Looks an interesting
project.

You'll need something to make calls with - an ATA, a SIP or IAX
(hard)phone, a voip router, a softphone, or a combination of these. To
receive calls to your box from your landline, you'll need a pci card or
fxo capable ATA or router. (A sipura or linksys 3000 ATA does both in
and out)