citrix remote access on broadband?

Old April 19th 06, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default citrix remote access on broadband?

Hi,

Until recently, I used dial-up internet service. I also used a citrix
program so that I could remotely access my work emails, also through a
dial up program, which was great.

I recently upgraded to BT broaband, and have been told that cannot
connect to my work emails, unless i keep the dial-up citrix. I can't
believe that in this day and age, there is no broadband equivalent?

Is there, and how much would it cost?

Regards,

Phil Newman

Old April 19th 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stu C

Is your workplace setup for citrix over broadband? mine is works a treat..
speak to your IT department \ citrix administrator.

oups.com...

Old April 19th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Farouq

Ask your it department as to whether there are any plans to provide
Internet based remote access to corporate applications. IPSec based
access is quite common these days and many companies are beginning to
use SSL based remote services.

This is certainly not a limitation of Citrix.

Old April 19th 06, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Thanks,

I found these articles about Citrix, and also about the BT software
Citrix use,

http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/new...p?newsID=21215

http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/int...ssapplications

Is this the same thing that I would require?

Old April 20th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On 19 Apr 2006 05:06:13 -0700, wrote:

http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/new...p?newsID=21215

http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/int...ssapplications

Is this the same thing that I would require?

Not quite the same thing, though it uses the same technology.

Rgds
Jonathan