T.38

Old April 19th 06, 08:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Default T.38

Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.

The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and I'm wondering if
anyone knows if they support the Myson Century T.38 software.
Old April 19th 06, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message
Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.

The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and
I'm wondering if anyone knows if they support the Myson
Century T.38 software.

Doesn't Gradwell support it..? I'd be surprised if they didn't; fax is
certainly possible on their service anyway.

Ivor

Old April 19th 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Harry Broomhall wrote:

Interestingly, a major switch manufacturer pitching to us for a big
contract mentioned that T.38 was very iffy, mostly because of
fuzzyness in the design and implementation of the modems in faxes.

They went on to say that using G.711 seemed much more reliable.

Regards,
Harry.

There's been a lot of talk regarding Xerox and Cannon fax machines being
very strange in this regard, sounds peculiar though.
Old April 19th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message

Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.

The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and
I'm wondering if anyone knows if they support the Myson
Century T.38 software.

Doesn't Gradwell support it..? I'd be surprised if they didn't; fax is
certainly possible on their service anyway.

Yes. I'd have thought that anyone using cisco kit supports it.

peter

Old April 19th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Peter Gradwell wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message

Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.

The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and
I'm wondering if anyone knows if they support the Myson
Century T.38 software.

Doesn't Gradwell support it..? I'd be surprised if they didn't; fax is
certainly possible on their service anyway.

Yes. I'd have thought that anyone using cisco kit supports it.

Then get yourself on the confirmed T.38 providers list on voip-info.org :-).

There aren't any in the UK on there.
Old April 20th 06, 07:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JC

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:15:33 +0100, Harry Broomhall
wrote:

Interestingly, a major switch manufacturer pitching to us for a big
contract mentioned that T.38 was very iffy, mostly because of
fuzzyness in the design and implementation of the modems in faxes.

They went on to say that using G.711 seemed much more reliable.

I can see that with a low latency LAN, FAX using G.711 should be
possible, but how does it fair with a varying latency or transatlantic
internet connection?

Rgds
Jonathan
Free SIP VoIP accounts at www.kcip.com