Porting VOIP numbers

Old April 19th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Porting VOIP numbers

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from sipgate to
gradwell/voip.co.uk/voipfone etc etc?

Of recent week incoming sipgate has been very flakey and its time to
dump it!

If not I'll just record an answer phone message giving the new number!

Many thanks

Matthew

Old April 19th 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Matt wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from sipgate to
gradwell/voip.co.uk/voipfone etc etc?

Yep.

peter

Old April 19th 06, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:48:03 +0100, Peter Gradwell
wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from sipgate to
gradwell/voip.co.uk/voipfone etc etc?

Yep.

How?
Old April 24th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linus Surguy

Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from sipgate to
gradwell/voip.co.uk/voipfone etc etc?

Yep.

How?

Ask them to. That'll normally work!

Does it require the consent of the incumbent VoIP provider to port a
number elsewhere. If so, what happens if they object? Is the customer
forced to give up his number if he wants to switch providers?

You can't use portability to escape from any contractual commitments - its
pretty much the same situation with mobile number portability with your mobile
contract.

In my case, there is no contractual obligation.

Then there shouldnt be a problem. To answer your earlier question it is likely
that the original VoIP provider will be contacted to confirm that there is no
contractual lock in, but other than that, you should be OK.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!