Disconnection with AOL/NTL

Old April 19th 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nemesis

Default Disconnection with AOL/NTL

StuartG wrote:
I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am often at
times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15 mins. We have
changed the modem; NTL say the line is good. I have checked for spy
ware; I have installed the McAfee software. I have limited the
programs that could run at inicio. The line is fast. Since I want to
listen to internet radio, the connection is useless. I need some help
and maybe some cheap/ free software so I can monitor the
disconnections. I am suspicious of the AOL software v.9. I have a
Spanish XP but surely this shouldn´t be a problem. I would appreciate
any help.

You don't need to install AOL anything to get AOL broadband.

Uninstall it and see... ideally you should have a router but if all you have
is a crappy usb modem just enter the aol username and password into the
modem config..

--
Nemesis,
Methsods in Maaaadness.. an arresting experience!

Old April 19th 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am often at
times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15 mins.

Do you have filters on all phone sockets that have a phone attached ?
Old April 19th 06, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Colin Wilson wrote:
I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am
often at times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15
mins.

Do you have filters on all phone sockets that have a phone attached
?

What filters??????

If he is on NTL he is running via a Cable Modem....

Old April 19th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am
often at times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15
mins.

Do you have filters on all phone sockets that have a phone attached

What filters??????
If he is on NTL he is running via a Cable Modem....

Fair point :-}

My beer level must need topping up :-/
Old April 19th 06, 11:28 PM
StuartG StuartG is offline
Junior Member

Smile Disconnection with AOL/NTL

I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am often at times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15 mins.

Yes I am on cable (not any BT adsl type line).

Last edited by StuartG : April 20th 06 at 08:42 PM.
Old April 19th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

kráftéé wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:
I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am
often at times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15
mins.
Do you have filters on all phone sockets that have a phone
attached
What filters??????
If he is on NTL he is running via a Cable Modem....

Fair point :-}

My beer level must need topping up :-/

That's right you've got to get the alchohol to blood levels just right
after a tough day at work ;-)

I was always taught that I had to have my steak well-done, in order to
keep the level of blood in my alcohol stream under control.

Too much blood, I was told, and I might become "sober"... not to mention
all those dangerous free radicals given out by the oxygen it carries!

The only downside, of course, is that if I have a break in my skin, I
can't go to the petrol station...

xF,

....NMick

Old April 19th 06, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Nicholas Thomas wrote:
kráftéé wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:
[...]

Or go near any naked flames, hang on make that near anything naked ;-p

Old April 20th 06, 01:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

kráftéé wrote:
Nicholas Thomas wrote:
[...]
The only downside, of course, is that if I have a break in my skin,
I can't go to the petrol station...

Or go near any naked flames, hang on make that near anything naked ;-p

Certainly brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "My blood is
boiling"...

xF,

....Nick

Old April 20th 06, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Gauton

In article ,
[email protected] says...
Colin Wilson wrote:
I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am
often at times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15
mins.

Do you have filters on all phone sockets that have a phone attached
?

What filters??????

If he is on NTL he is running via a Cable Modem....

Not true - as he is running AOL on NTL he is using a cable modem (or
through a set top box?), but if he was running NTL solely, and doesn't
explicitly state he is on cable, he could be using a BT phone line for
ADSL.

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)
Old April 20th 06, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Knight

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
I have a Spanish XP, Compaq Presario 2565EA, AOL/NTL and i am
often at times continually losing the connection usually 10 - 15
mins.
Do you have filters on all phone sockets that have a phone attached

What filters??????
If he is on NTL he is running via a Cable Modem....

Fair point :-}

My beer level must need topping up :-/

I thought the OP said he was on "AOL/NTL". My neighbour runs AOL on an NTL
line using a bog standard Netgear DG834G ADSL modem/router. I know because I
set it up for him.
--
Malcolm