ADSL (max) and RedCare

Old April 20th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Default ADSL (max) and RedCare

Has anyone with RedCare and ADSL had any problems with upgrading to MAX?

Thanks in advance.
Old April 20th 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Has anyone with RedCare and ADSL had any problems with upgrading to MAX?

What do you define as RedCare? A search of the BT website only refers to
fire risk assessment.

Peter Crosland

Old April 20th 06, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Colin wrote on Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:32:49 +0100:

Has anyone with RedCare and ADSL had any problems with upgrading to MAX?

ADSL Max should be no different on the line that ADSL is now, so if you've
already got ADSL running with RedCare it should work with Max.

Dan

Old April 20th 06, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Peter wrote on Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:07:07 +0100:

Has anyone with RedCare and ADSL had any problems with upgrading to MAX?

What do you define as RedCare? A search of the BT website only refers to
fire risk assessment.

Redcare includes signalling on a phone line to an alarm centre, so
potentially could be a problem on an ADSL line if the frequencies were the
same or close.

http://www.redcare.bt.com/security/products/adsl.htm

Some Redcare services have been compatible with ADSL since July 2003.

Dan

Old April 20th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Peter Crosland wrote:
Has anyone with RedCare and ADSL had any problems with upgrading to MAX?

What do you define as RedCare? A search of the BT website only refers to
fire risk assessment.

RedCare service on the line - the RedCare.com website talks of
compatibility since 2003. I was wondering if the MAX service made any
demands on the line which were now incompatible with RedCare.

I see another reply which suggests it will work - we will soon see.

Thanks.

Old April 20th 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

see SIN 284 ( http://www.btwebworld.com/sinet/sinlist1.htm )