AAH Call transfer and features.conf

Old April 20th 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default AAH Call transfer and features.conf

Hi,

Please can an AAH user help me out?

I'm trying to get call transfer working on our office system, but
without any luck! A bit of googling tells me that it needs to be
configured in features.conf, but doesn't tell me the syntax etc.

Is this correct? If so please can someone post their features.conf for
me to compare?

If it helps, I'm using sipara ATA's bog standard phones connected.

Many thanks

Matthew

Old April 20th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Matt wrote:
Hi,

Please can an AAH user help me out?

I'm trying to get call transfer working on our office system, but
without any luck! A bit of googling tells me that it needs to be
configured in features.conf, but doesn't tell me the syntax etc.

Is this correct? If so please can someone post their features.conf for
me to compare?

If it helps, I'm using sipara ATA's bog standard phones connected.

Many thanks

Matthew

It should just work "out of the box".

To blind transfer a caller to another extension on AAH:
- press "#" (at which point the person transferring will hear
"Transfer")
- dial the extension number and
- hang up (the caller hears music on hold first, then the ringing of
the extension dialled)

Instead of transferring to another extension, you can also transfer to
another phone number - it goes out on the relevant trunk defined by
your dial plan.

- works here on (grandstream) ATAs and a speedtouch 716g voip router
too.

Old April 20th 06, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Please can an AAH user help me out?

I'm trying to get call transfer working on our office system, but
without any luck! A bit of googling tells me that it needs to be
configured in features.conf, but doesn't tell me the syntax etc.

Is this correct? If so please can someone post their features.conf for
me to compare?

If it helps, I'm using sipara ATA's bog standard phones connected.

Many thanks

Matthew

Are you still using v1.5?
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bsha...#_Toc133242026
got mine working.

Incidentally, I finally got Centos 4.3 running on my Mini-ITX, so am now
using aah v2.8 - call recording isn't quite as good, nor can I get faxing
working, but hey, it's only taken me 10 weeks and is much better than v1.3
that I was using.

Old April 20th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

Old April 20th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Matt wrote:
Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

No, no dialplan jiggery pokery required.

version number might be relevant - 2.8 here

Old April 20th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Matt wrote :
Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

No, it should work out of the box.

Have you checked your DTMF settings....?

It also only seemed to work on v1.3 on /external/ /incoming/ calls. Do
you not have recall buttons on your phones? Pressing recall should alow
an attended transfer.

Old April 20th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

paul123 pretended :
Matt wrote:
Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

No, no dialplan jiggery pokery required.

version number might be relevant - 2.8 here

Sorry to hijack Matt's thread........you're using v2.8? Can you record
incoming calls when the calls are directed to a ring group?

I seem to be able to record inbound calls only if the call's directed
to an extension, rather than a ring group.

Old April 20th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Jono wrote:
Sorry to hijack Matt's thread........you're using v2.8? Can you record
incoming calls when the calls are directed to a ring group?

I seem to be able to record inbound calls only if the call's directed
to an extension, rather than a ring group.

I haven't tried - though it could be useful. Does the other party hear
a "Call recording is activated" type of message? I believe there are
certain legal issues related to call recording

Old April 20th 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Jono wrote:
After serious thinking Matt wrote :
Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

No, it should work out of the box.

Have you checked your DTMF settings....?

They work OK for everything else - IVR, voicemail access etc etc.

It also only seemed to work on v1.3 on /external/ /incoming/ calls. Do
you not have recall buttons on your phones? Pressing recall should alow
an attended transfer.

Haven't tried the recall option - but will give it a go.

Cheers

Matt

Old April 20th 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

paul123 pretended :
Jono wrote:
Sorry to hijack Matt's thread........you're using v2.8? Can you record
incoming calls when the calls are directed to a ring group?

I seem to be able to record inbound calls only if the call's directed
to an extension, rather than a ring group.

I haven't tried - though it could be useful. Does the other party hear
a "Call recording is activated" type of message? I believe there are
certain legal issues related to call recording

They hear nothing.

It is perfectly legal, in the UK, to record a phone conversation
providing at least one of the parties to the call is aware that it is
being recorded (you). What you're not alowed to do is then play it to a
third party without permission.