Long term Pipex customer still on 1mb

Old April 21st 06, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aosmosis

Default Long term Pipex customer still on 1mb

I have been with pipex since April 2002.

I pay 23 / month for 1mb access, even though it syas im connected at
2mb.

I read somewhere that Pipex have throttled my connection to 1 meg.

Anyway, how come when a new customer signs up they are given a 2 meg
connection whereas i only have 1 meg?

I went into the pipex control panel, and there was an option to change
it to 2 meg, but there was this clause - something about a 12 month
contract.

I am a bit weary of this becuase I have signed up to BE 24meg
connection, which will happen in june/july.

Any advice on how to proceed to get a 2meg connection without signing
up for a 12 month contract?

Old April 21st 06, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
-halli-

"Aosmosis" wrote in message
oups.com...

Any advice on how to proceed to get a 2meg connection without signing
up for a 12 month contract?

You could do what I did, get your MAC code from Pipex and migrate to AOL.
They don't tie you into a 12 month contract if you have your own
modem/router and there is no fee to leave them.

I was happy with 1 meg and it only costs 14.99 per month for 6 months and
then 17.99 after that. I am not even using the AOHell software as I use a
router. I got 1 month free on their 2 meg connection then I can regrade to 1
meg.

-halli-

Old April 21st 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article .com,
Aosmosis says...
I have been with pipex since April 2002.

I pay 23 / month for 1mb access, even though it syas im connected at
2mb.

I read somewhere that Pipex have throttled my connection to 1 meg.

Anyway, how come when a new customer signs up they are given a 2 meg
connection whereas i only have 1 meg?

I went into the pipex control panel, and there was an option to change
it to 2 meg, but there was this clause - something about a 12 month
contract.

I am a bit weary of this becuase I have signed up to BE 24meg
connection, which will happen in june/july.

Any advice on how to proceed to get a 2meg connection without signing
up for a 12 month contract?

as the other poster says, get your MAC and migrate.

AOL are cheap, so is Eclipse. Neither will tie you to a 12 month
contract if you have your own equipment and Eclipse will also upgrade
you to 8Mbps with a choice of deals from 15 a month plus 1st month
free.

Be isn't a stable proposition at the moment as many of their RFS dates
regularly get pushed back. So July may not happen on schedule. Get your
MAC and go to Eclipse in the meantime would be my suggestion.

FR
Old April 21st 06, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aspiringgeekygirl

AOL to their destruction dont use Outlook Express which diminishes
their potential utility and their one size fits all installation can
muck up your settings and is a bugger to uninstall.
I dont rate AOL technically. Best thing is become an ISP tart and
switch services when Service deteriotes budget for set amount more or
less each month as of course a fixed cost.
I have been with Global Net. Clara, V21, now with Pipex.
Extra Dial ups include Supanet,
Mega Accounts Gmail Hotmail Yahoo Lycos so you could say I practice
what I preach.

Old April 21st 06, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aspiringgeekygirl

This is unjust behaviour on part of ISP put in a complaint and get them
to treat you right. Of course switching business is also a punishment
for bad ISPS. ISPS have to learn to treat the customer right in product
and customer service terms OR ELSE THEY LOSE THE CUSTOMER END OF STORY.
all the best me

Old April 21st 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

Aosmosis wrote:
I have been with pipex since April 2002.

I pay 23 / month for 1mb access, even though it syas im connected at
2mb.

I read somewhere that Pipex have throttled my connection to 1 meg.

Anyway, how come when a new customer signs up they are given a 2 meg
connection whereas i only have 1 meg?

I went into the pipex control panel, and there was an option to change
it to 2 meg, but there was this clause - something about a 12 month
contract.

I am a bit weary of this becuase I have signed up to BE 24meg
connection, which will happen in june/july.

Any advice on how to proceed to get a 2meg connection without signing
up for a 12 month contract?

Don't do it - leave and don't let them lie to you/offer you a "deal".

Pipex are not the Pipex of old they will rip you off if you change products.

www.pipexsupport.com

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...Number=2398164

Andy.

Soon to be ex ****e-ex myself.

Old April 21st 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
-halli-

"aspiringgeekygirl" wrote in message
oups.com...
AOL to their destruction dont use Outlook Express which diminishes
their potential utility and their one size fits all installation can
muck up your settings and is a bugger to uninstall.

I am using Microsoft Watchout Distress right now on AOHell to collect and
send my emails from yahoo, gmail, hotmail and AOL. I also use it for my
newsgroups through news.aioe.org. I am not using their software at all and I
do not intend on buggering up my computer with it either.

I have been with Global Net. Clara, V21, now with Pipex.

You have my deepest sympathy ;-)

-halli-

Old April 21st 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Apr 2006 "-halli-" wrote:

"aspiringgeekygirl" wrote in message

AOL to their destruction dont use Outlook Express which diminishes
their potential utility and their one size fits all installation can
muck up your settings and is a bugger to uninstall.

I am using Microsoft Watchout Distress right now on AOHell to collect and
send my emails from yahoo, gmail, hotmail and AOL. I also use it for my
newsgroups through news.aioe.org. I am not using their software at all and I
do not intend on buggering up my computer with it either.

Good to see a customer come back to report what they are doing. I knew one
could view AOL mail, glad they offer POP mail too. Didn't know you could
get by without using their s/w at all (though I knew that setting up an
ADSL router can be done and works well)... Anyway give her a break - I
did spot the word "aspiring" so not knowing that AOL can be used quite
independent of having to have their s/w installed should be excused!!
Old April 21st 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
-halli-

"poster" wrote in message
On 21 Apr 2006 "-halli-" wrote:

[...]

What do you mean by "give her a break"?
I did not say anything in my post which could be deemed as flaming or
negative. I simply gave the information that I was using OE and no AOL
software. I was in no way aggressive, nor was I nasty. The poster was aware
that the AOL software buggers up computers and I agreed.

Did you notice the smiley wink beside the comment regarding sympathy for
using Pipex?

-halli-

Old April 21st 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Apr 2006, "-halli-" wrote:

What do you mean by "give her a break"?

It was meant in jest, because of her using the word "aspiring"
and definitely not meant as a serious criticism. Seems like it
is time for you to unwind with a good meal and a bottle of wine!!