what's .me.uk mean?

Old April 21st 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.music.rave,uk.legal
Ian Bartholomew

Default what's .me.uk mean?

"Alex. " "Alex" wrote in message
sorry if this is off topic, but I've just decided on what I would
like my domain name to be, and it says I can have

xx.co.uk
xx.me.uk
xx.org.uk

what does me infer?

The idea is that companies use co.uk, individuals use me.uk and
organisations use org.uk.

These no compulsion though, have whichever you prefer.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).

Old April 21st 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.music.rave,uk.legal
Ivor Jones

"Ian Bartholomew" wrote in message

"Alex. " "Alex" wrote in message
sorry if this is off topic, but I've just decided on
what I would like my domain name to be, and it says I
can have xx.co.uk
xx.me.uk
xx.org.uk

what does me infer?

The idea is that companies use co.uk, individuals use
me.uk and organisations use org.uk.

These no compulsion though, have whichever you prefer.

Technically, org is intended for non-profit organisations such as
charities.

Ivor

Old April 21st 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.music.rave,uk.legal
marc_CH

In article wrote...

The idea is that companies use co.uk, individuals use me.uk and
organisations use org.uk.

The latter is only supposed to refer to non-profit making organisations.

marc
Old April 21st 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.music.rave,uk.legal

marc_CH wrote:
In article wrote...

The idea is that companies use co.uk, individuals use me.uk and
organisations use org.uk.

The latter is only supposed to refer to non-profit making organisations.

marc

As in Borough Councils.