what's .me.uk mean?

Old April 21st 06, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.music.rave,uk.legal
The Wanderer

Default what's .me.uk mean?

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:02:49 +0100, Alex. wrote:

sorry if this is off topic, but I've just decided on what I would
like my domain name to be, and it says I can have

xx.co.uk
xx.me.uk
xx.org.uk

what does me infer?

That it's you! It's a domain class for the private individual to use.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Old April 21st 06, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.music.rave,uk.legal
Grant

""David G. Bell"" wrote in message

When was it introduced?

14/01/2002

http://www.nic.uk/registrants/sld/me.uk/

Old April 21st 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.music.rave,uk.legal
Ian Bartholomew

""David G. Bell"" wrote in message
When was it introduced? I can't recall seeing it, but most of the people
I correspond with got their email addresses in the last century, as I
did.

I've just renewed mine for the second time so it must have been a bit more
than 4 years ago. It was introduced over a period of about six months with
the registration cost reducing each month.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).