A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

plusnet usage meter disappeared?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 21st 06, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

Plusnet appear to have moved the usage meter on their website. Usually if I
log in there is a clickable link on the bit where by bill is, but thats
gone.
Anyone know where it is please?


  #2  
Old April 21st 06, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 994
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

Beck wrote:
Plusnet appear to have moved the usage meter on their website. Usually if I
log in there is a clickable link on the bit where by bill is, but thats
gone.
Anyone know where it is please?



Hi,

Still seems to be there when I log in. Under Connection Settings in the
member cent-
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection

If it's missing for you then I'd suggest raising a support ticket via
http://contactus.plus.net

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Training & Project Liaison Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc www.plus.net
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
  #3  
Old April 21st 06, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

Plusnet Support Team wrote:

Still seems to be there when I log in. Under Connection Settings in
the member cent-
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection

If it's missing for you then I'd suggest raising a support ticket via
http://contactus.plus.net

Kind Regards,


I am getting alot of blank pages. I think its probably because the website
does not support IE7. I shall download Opera and see if I get any luck.
cheers


  #4  
Old April 21st 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 994
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

Beck wrote:
Plusnet Support Team wrote:

Still seems to be there when I log in. Under Connection Settings in
the member cent-
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection

If it's missing for you then I'd suggest raising a support ticket via
http://contactus.plus.net

Kind Regards,


I am getting alot of blank pages. I think its probably because the website
does not support IE7. I shall download Opera and see if I get any luck.
cheers



Quite possibly. I've heard similar reports of portal anomalies from
others using IE7.

Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Training & Project Liaison Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc www.plus.net
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
  #5  
Old April 21st 06, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

Plusnet Support Team wrote:
Beck wrote:
Plusnet Support Team wrote:

Still seems to be there when I log in. Under Connection Settings in
the member cent-
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection

If it's missing for you then I'd suggest raising a support ticket
via http://contactus.plus.net

Kind Regards,


I am getting alot of blank pages. I think its probably because the
website does not support IE7. I shall download Opera and see if I
get any luck. cheers



Quite possibly. I've heard similar reports of portal anomalies from
others using IE7.


Yep it is definitely IE7. Opera works with it okay.


  #6  
Old April 21st 06, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter R Cook
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

In message , Beck
writes
Plusnet Support Team wrote:

Still seems to be there when I log in. Under Connection Settings in
the member cent-
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection

If it's missing for you then I'd suggest raising a support ticket via
http://contactus.plus.net

Kind Regards,


I am getting alot of blank pages. I think its probably because the website
does not support IE7. I shall download Opera and see if I get any luck.
cheers


Seems to me that it's IE7 not the website that must be broken if pages
that work with IE6, Opera, Firefox & Netscape all work?
--
Peter R Cook
  #7  
Old April 21st 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Retired
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

I get:
"Broadband Plus
You don't have any usage data to show right now.
This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for
a new billing month.
It can take up to 2 hours for your usage to show up - please check again
later."

Mine is a new account, (10 days), but it still hasn't shown up. I'm looking
under "my account" " Connection settings".
Otherwise its great

BJE


"Beck" wrote in message
...
Plusnet appear to have moved the usage meter on their website. Usually if
I log in there is a clickable link on the bit where by bill is, but thats
gone.
Anyone know where it is please?



  #8  
Old April 21st 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 994
Default plusnet usage meter disappeared?

Retired wrote:
I get:
"Broadband Plus
You don't have any usage data to show right now.
This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for
a new billing month.
It can take up to 2 hours for your usage to show up - please check again
later."

Mine is a new account, (10 days), but it still hasn't shown up. I'm looking
under "my account" " Connection settings".
Otherwise its great

BJE


Hi,

If you raise a ticket at contactus.plus.net then we'll look into this
for you.

Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Training & Project Liaison Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc www.plus.net
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
plusnet fair usage Andy Burchill uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 8 March 20th 05 09:42 PM
How to meter usage please? KKK uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 4 October 10th 04 09:27 AM
Broadband usage meter program? Dodgy Dave uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 1 May 7th 04 05:18 PM
Broadband usage meter program? richard uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 1 May 7th 04 08:55 AM
Broadband usage meter program? Dodgy Dave uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 May 6th 04 10:21 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright ©2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.