Netgear WPN111

Old April 21st 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martyn Rowland

Default Netgear WPN111

Just got one of these for my desktop, but the thing won't connect to my
D-Link wireless ADSL Router. Anybody else had problems with them.

TIA

Martyn

Old April 22nd 06, 08:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Baz

"Martyn Rowland" martyn.(dot)[email protected](at)mcail.(dot)com wrote in message
Just got one of these for my desktop, but the thing won't connect to my
D-Link wireless ADSL Router. Anybody else had problems with them.

TIA

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I'm using a WG-111v2 which is similar to the WPN111 but a 54Mb/s version,
and have had no problems connecting to my DLink DI-624+ WAP. I'm using
WinXP and
WPA-PSK encryption. I used the Netgear software that came with the
unit, not the Windows wireless utility. It worked first go. Which surpised
me a bit, these things
often take some fiddling.

Not quite your model, but I hope this helps you.

Regards
Barry