VoIP Buster.. Outgoing CLI... Routing

Old April 21st 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default VoIP Buster.. Outgoing CLI... Routing

Hi, When calling out from my VoIP buster account, strange things seem to
happen!

Sometimes it calls out fine, with my normal 056 number showing, other
times it rings out from random mobile numbers 07XX, sometimes it shows
unavail, and sometimes it calls out as 0646!

Anyone else noticed such strange goings on?
Old April 21st 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Sean wrote:
Hi, When calling out from my VoIP buster account, strange things seem to
happen!

Sometimes it calls out fine, with my normal 056 number showing, other
times it rings out from random mobile numbers 07XX, sometimes it shows
unavail, and sometimes it calls out as 0646!

Anyone else noticed such strange goings on?

Probably dependant on how they route the call, what equipment/carriers
they use.

So it will vary based on time-of-day and destination number I expect.

You get what you pay for.

Old April 22nd 06, 03:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J C

Sean wrote:
Paul Cupis wrote:
Sean wrote:
You get what you pay for.

Yes you do

Therefore it's never worth shopping around amongst different brands (for
instance) as the value of what you get will always be exactly price related.
Or if you buy a few of one thing and get a price reduction, the actual value
of the product (somehow) becomes less.

Old April 22nd 06, 07:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 03:04:30 +0100, "J C"
wrote:

instance) as the value of what you get will always be exactly price related.

There's usually a pretty good correlation between price/value/quality.
They'll always be exceptions, brands that feel they can charge a
premium and good products sold cheap as "loss leaders". Sometime the
brand itself can add value as an indicator of consistent quality.

Or if you buy a few of one thing and get a price reduction, the actual value
of the product (somehow) becomes less.

In marketing terms it does. Getting a sale is usually the hardest (and
most costly) part. A reduction of price on bulk purchase can often
create a sale where one would not have occurred, therefor reducing the
overall cost per unit to the seller. (Yes I think people who work in
marketing must be a bit crazy as well...)

Rgds
Jonathan