BTMax or Tiscali LLU?

Old April 21st 06, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default BTMax or Tiscali LLU?

I have just learned (maybe old news) that alot of customers of Plusnet will
not be going on BT adsl max but being transferred to Tiscali LLU - if their
exchange is Tiscali LLU.

There is an opt out procedure here..
http://usergroup.plus.net/faq_tiscalioptout.php

Those who opt out of Tiscali will get BT adsl Max. So which do I choose?
I think that if my exchange does have Tiscali LLU attached to it then I
better opt out. I reckon if I have a problem with the line I have more
chance of it being fixed by BT than Tiscali?

Old April 22nd 06, 07:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert

"Beck" wrote in message
I have just learned (maybe old news) that alot of customers of Plusnet will
not be going on BT adsl max but being transferred to Tiscali LLU - if their
exchange is Tiscali LLU.

There is an opt out procedure here..
http://usergroup.plus.net/faq_tiscalioptout.php

Those who opt out of Tiscali will get BT adsl Max. So which do I choose?
I think that if my exchange does have Tiscali LLU attached to it then I
better opt out. I reckon if I have a problem with the line I have more
chance of it being fixed by BT than Tiscali?

Isn't it always being fixed by BT?
Bert

Old April 22nd 06, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 22 Apr 2006, "Bert" wrote:

"Beck" wrote in message

Those who opt out of Tiscali will get BT adsl Max. So which do I choose?
I think that if my exchange does have Tiscali LLU attached to it then I
better opt out. I reckon if I have a problem with the line I have more
chance of it being fixed by BT than Tiscali?

Isn't it always being fixed by BT?

If it is the line, then yes, but I suspect the "problem" might include some
aspects of data transfer, and it would be down to Plus.Net contacting their
"network" supplier, Tiscali in this case, to check the data network back to
the local exchange... after that it may be raised with BT if everything is
considered OK, or maybe after Tiscali has been to the exchange to check the
DSLAM equipment, try some other card in their own kit, and then report that
back to HQ/report fault on line to BT... Of course the exact chain depends
on the problem and whose kit it is on... lots of finger-pointing chances!

I opted out mainly to ensure that if I want to migrate it will be from some
BT IPstream product (soon to be DSL Max, with luck) to another ISP using BT
rather than have some delay during switchover (ie needing a "cease") and if
it costs more for a new BT activation I'd then also be paying for it or get
locked in on contract for a while... migrating to another ISP is cheap and
might even be free :-) Peter M.
Old April 22nd 06, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Apr 2006, "Beck" wrote:

Those who opt out of Tiscali will get BT adsl Max. So which do I choose?

You might find it worth subscribing to plusnet.service.* newsgroups.
Old April 22nd 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"poster" wrote in message
On 22 Apr 2006, "Bert" wrote:

I opted out mainly to ensure that if I want to migrate it will be

from some
BT IPstream product (soon to be DSL Max, with luck) to another ISP

using BT
rather than have some delay during switchover (ie needing a "cease")

and if
it costs more for a new BT activation I'd then also be paying for it

or get
locked in on contract for a while... migrating to another ISP is

cheap and
might even be free :-) Peter M.

My thoughts exactly.

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old April 22nd 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Bert wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
I have just learned (maybe old news) that alot of customers of
Plusnet will not be going on BT adsl max but being transferred to
Tiscali LLU - if their exchange is Tiscali LLU.

There is an opt out procedure here..
http://usergroup.plus.net/faq_tiscalioptout.php

Those who opt out of Tiscali will get BT adsl Max. So which do I
choose? I think that if my exchange does have Tiscali LLU attached
to it then I better opt out. I reckon if I have a problem with the
line I have more chance of it being fixed by BT than Tiscali?

Isn't it always being fixed by BT?
Bert

Yes but its an extra move. Plusnet can go straight to BT. Or they will end
up going to Tiscali who then go to BT.

Old April 22nd 06, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Bert wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
I have just learned (maybe old news) that alot of customers of
Plusnet will not be going on BT adsl max but being transferred to
Tiscali LLU - if their exchange is Tiscali LLU.

There is an opt out procedure here..
http://usergroup.plus.net/faq_tiscalioptout.php

Those who opt out of Tiscali will get BT adsl Max. So which do I
choose? I think that if my exchange does have Tiscali LLU attached
to it then I better opt out. I reckon if I have a problem with the
line I have more chance of it being fixed by BT than Tiscali?

Isn't it always being fixed by BT?
Bert

Oh btw as it happens my exchange is not Tiscali LLU anyway so its not
important at the moment. :-)

Old April 22nd 06, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 22 Apr 2006 10:24, "Beck" wrote:

Any particular one?

Announcements, status and customer-feedback would be good bets for some
announcements and comments from customers... While there was a drop in
staff postings, it seems there has been a return to some earlier level,
insofar as Dave, Bob, Jon and Mand have posted (though there are still
some of questions seeming being avoided, partly depends on levels of
work, and partly on willingness to discuss some matters, perhaps).

Old April 22nd 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Apart from the extra upload speed the Tiscali LLU provides I wonder if
Plusnet will make their products on Tiscalu LLU with added benefits like
increased caps? LLU bandwidth costs are muh cheaper than BT wholesale???

Dan