Exchange status Red

Old April 21st 06, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

Default Exchange status Red

Hi all

The VP status of my exchange is Red and my speeds are bad -- can be as
low as 500kbps on a 2meg line. BT login tests show it is BT at fault. I
found out about the Red status when I contacted Zen Support, who were
very helpful and offered to raise a fault. But as we were then within 10
days of the published exchange fix date (16 March) I decided to hang on
and see how things were after the upgrade.

Well, it didn't happen. After a few days Zen's exchange checker showed
updated info and a new date of 16 April. I waited a month. As that date
happened to be Easter Day, I didn't really expect BT to be out fixing my
exchange, and they didn't. I've been checking every day since, and today
Zen's page shows yet another new date; this time -- you guessed it -- 16
May.

Can anyone tell me if these dates actually mean anything? Are they
genuine (if tentative) dates that someone might actually get it fixed?
Or does BT just publish any old date and push it forward a month at a
time as a synonym for "sometime/never"?

The exchange was Green in January and the first published fix date for
VP problems was 8 March, so it looks as if the trouble started sometime
in February. Meanwhile it has been Max-enabled, god knows why. . .

--
Nightowl