A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

plus.net going down the pan?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 22nd 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lesshaste
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default plus.net going down the pan?

I have been a happy customer of plus.net for many years and apart from
being cut off for 10 days every time I move house have had little
complain about. In fact I even recommended them to some friends and
receive monthly "thank you" referral fees from plus.net. However, in the
last few weeks I have had some technical problems which caused me to
use their ticket system. All I can say is ... oh my god... and paste an
interchange below.

----------------- start 1 -----------------------
2006-03-21
23:47:20
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Technical query]
[IP Query]
[Customer Wishes to change Reverse DNS configuration]
[Additional Information]
I have a dynamic IP adsl connection and need a valid rDNS name.
Currently, for example, I am seen as 87.114.12.133 when I ssh into a
remote computer. Is it possible to have rDNS setup please? Ideally if it
could always be

lesshaste.plus.com

that would be perfect.

Kind regards,
Raphael
2006-03-22
02:08:01
Gary Beardshaw
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
Unfortunatly not, You currently have a dynamic IP with dynamic rDNS as
you are on a plus account.

If you require a static IP with static rDNS then you would need to
change account type to either payG or Premier.

Kind Regards,
Gary Beardshaw

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-03-22
09:09:35
You
Assigned : I understand I can't have a static IP but I appear not to
have rDNS at all. When I ssh into a remote computer I appear as

87.114.12.133

for example.

This means that some computers will not let me access them at all.

Raphael
2006-03-22
10:45:47
Jonathan Price
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
This is correct. As you do not have a ststic IP, you will have no rDNS
entry.

Regards,
Jonathan Price

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-03-22
12:37:20
You
Assigned : If I understand correctly, plus.net will not provide even
dynamic rDNS for the dynamic ips it allocates? This seems at odds with
normal practice elsewhere (for example I see
82-33-127-232.cable.ubr05.azte.blueyonder.co.uk logged into my work
machine at the moment). Having a valid (even dynamically changing) rDNS
is vital for me. Is there something stopping you setting it up for your
dynamic ip users? I don't need a static rDNS(which clearly I would need
to upgrade for) so I am not sure what the problem is.

Thanks for your help.

Raphael
2006-03-23
05:52:46
Adam Cassim
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
If you are looking to have rDNS on your IP you would need to move to a
statip IP account type such as the PAYG or Premier account type.
Once this has been obtainded you can change this rDNS to anything you
wish by requesting this from us.

Regards,
Adam Cassim

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-03-23
09:32:17
You
Assigned : Thanks for the reply again.

I am not clear whether you don't understand me or you are saying there
is something unique about plus.net (as opposed to all other UK ISPs I
have seen) that prevents it from having IP names such as (just as an
example)

87-114-12-133.plus.net

for the dynamic IP addresses it allocates.

To be absolutely clear, at the beginning of this ticket I asked for
"lesshaste.plus.com". That was, it turned out unrealistic as it is a
static name. Since then I have *not* been asking for a static name but
merely exactly the same service that all other UK ISPs provide their
customers. That is an IP name associated with each one of their dynamic
IP addresses.

To resolve this, could you please say whether

1) The problem is that plus.net does not provide a service that all
other ISPs provide or

2) In fact I have been confusing by asking for a static IP name at the
beginning of the ticket and then changed to a dynamic one and you can of
course provide that service (as all other ISPs do to my knowledge).


Raphael
from a set
2006-03-23
14:50:31
Dave Wilson
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
The only way to achieve what you require would be to upgrade to an
account that allows a static IP.

Due to the nature of the dynamic IPs, we cannot add a rDNS entry for
every IP address you have, as this would not be feasable.

Regards,
Dave Wilson

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-03-23
14:56:58
You
Assigned : I am sorry to keep going on about this but that simply
doesn't make any sense. What you say is impossible is in fact what every
other ISP does. You just have to enter all the ips in the range you
allocate from into the DNS. I gave two examples of what one would look
like above.

Again, sorry for asking the same question repeatedely but I feel sure
there must be a misunderstanding here. What I am describing is
completely standard. See any other ISP that gives out dynamic IPs to its
customers for examples.

Our work machines are configured to reject any machine that attempts to
log in without a valid DNS entry. It is only plus.net customers that are
rejected.

Raphael
2006-03-23
15:08:50
Nicolas Coletta
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
Apologies for the problems experienced all our IPs should have valid
rDNS entries. I have forwarded this issue to our networks team for
further investigation. As a temporary workaround please reboot your
router to obtasin a new IP with a correctly formatted rDNS entry.

Regards,
Nicolas Coletta

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-03-23
21:13:40
You
Assigned : Thanks Nicolas

I now have rDNS on my dynamic IPs. For example I am currently

87.113.21.47.bbplus.pte-ag1.dyn.plus.net

Could someone please pass this ticket up to a more senior level after I
close it? plus.net normally has good customer service but this was
really a shambles. Each person who replied just seemed to be reading off
a first level script with no knowledge of what they were talking about.

Raphael
2006-03-24
14:11:42
Phil Richardson
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
Having read over the details in your ticket, I appologise for the
information provided in this case.

What had been provided was infact correct in response to part of the
question raised, it did not however address the overall issue.

I have now fead back some of this information.

Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future should you have any
further issues.

Regards,
Phil Richardson

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-03-24
14:16:19
You
Closed : By Customer via Portal


--------------- end 1 ------------------


Some short time passed and then rDNS broke again. Simultaneous to this
the speed on my connection dropped from around 1900 kbps to 100 kbps. I
reported it and got the following wonderful reply.

-------------- start 2 -----------------

2006-04-14
12:00:48
You
Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]

All initial checks have been completed with no problems found. The
customer must now complete the Detailed Checks. Please ensure that all
questions are completed within 48 hours, otherwise this ticket will be
automatically closed with no fault reported

2006-04-14
12:10:32
You
Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Detailed checks [ Completed ]

All questions have been completed by the user.
2006-04-14
12:11:46
You
Open : The customer has provided the following contact details for the
duration of the fault.

Daytime telephone number: 01179733926

Evening telephone number: 01179733926

Email address:

Additional contact info: 10am - 7pm
2006-04-14
12:11:48
You
Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ In progress ]

The tests on your broadband connection have now started. Please check
this ticket in about two hours to see the results of the tests.
2006-04-14
12:25:29
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Connection
checks [ Completed ]

Dear Raphael Clifford,

The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection.
Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found

According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable
performance for broadband service.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support


---------------------- end 2 ---------------------------


Now you've got to love that as reply. "none found" being the expected
connection speed these days apparently. No further comment was made by
plus.net until I opened a new ticket complaining about the speed! This
new ticket is still open.


This explains my slightly, ahem, tetchy tone in this next interchange


----------------- start 3 -----------------------

2006-04-18
10:21:38
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Technical query]
[IP Query]
[Customer Wishes to change Reverse DNS configuration]
[Additional Information]
Hi,

Reverse DNS seems to have broken again on my account. I appear to be
(87.114.10.68) now.

This happened before (see ticket 18990900) and it unfortunately means I
am locked out of my work network when it occurs.

Raphael
2006-04-18
14:43:09
Mark Poole
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
You are currently on a dynamic ip address and as such this changes
everytime you reconnect, this means we cannot set a specific rDNS entry
for your account.

Apologies for any confusion.

Regards,
Mark Poole

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit
http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-18
14:44:59
Jonathan Dunning
CSC Agent Assigned : *internal*

87.114.10.68 does not appear to have an rdns attached to it. please
investigate

-bash-3.00$ nslookup 87.112.2.55
Server: pih-dhcp-bcp.plus.net
Address: 172.29.32.3

Name: 87.112.2.55.bbplus.ptn-ag1.dyn.plus.net
Address: 87.112.2.55

-bash-3.00$ nslookup 87.114.10.68
Server: pih-dhcp-bcp.plus.net
Address: 172.29.32.3

*** pih-dhcp-bcp.plus.net can't find 87.114.10.68: Non-existent host/domain
-bash-3.00$

Regards,
Jonathan Dunning

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-18
14:45:26
Jonathan Dunning
CSC Agent Assigned : *internal*

as above.

Regards,
Jonathan Dunning

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-18
15:02:21
Rob Hunter
IE - Network Support & Problems Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
we will not set the rdns for your dynamic IP as when the IP is assigned
to someone else then they would have those records.

If you require a static IP & perminant rdns records please upgrade your
account to Premier.

Regards,
Rob Hunter

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-18
15:09:42
You
Assigned : Hi,

Please reread the whole of ticket 18990900. I don't want to have to go
through that again! (Especially right at the bottom where Nicolas
Coletta fixes it).

I don't need static IP. There is simply a problem with the DNS record at
plus.net. Please ask someone who understands about rDNS for dynamic IPs
to avoid confusion.

Raphael
2006-04-18
15:16:09
Rob Hunter
IE - Network Support & Problems Actioned : Dear Dr Clifford,
we will not set the rdns for your dynamic IP as when the IP is assigned
to someone else then they would have those records.

If you require a static IP & perminant rdns records please upgrade your
account to Premier.

Regards,
Rob Hunter

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-18
15:23:41
You
Assigned : Hi,

I am afraid you have misunderstood. Please ask someone who understands
what is going on. All your allocated IPs should have valid rDNS
addresses (and they usually do). It has nothing to do with being static
or the issue you mention. As I have said, please reread the *whole* of
the old ticket and/or ask the person who fixed it last time. At this
stage it might be better if you pass it on to someone else to deal with.

Kind regards,
Raphael
2006-04-18
17:15:31
You
Assigned : In case you don't have access to the old ticket for some
reason. The conclusion was

"Apologies for the problems experienced all our IPs should have valid
rDNS entries. I have forwarded this issue to our networks team for
further investigation. As a temporary workaround please reboot your
router to obtasin a new IP with a correctly formatted rDNS entry."

The current problem is exactly the same as the problem covered in that
ticket and which I fixed last time by restarting the router.

Raphael
2006-04-18
21:32:56
You
Assigned : I rebooted the router which fixed the rDNS problem again by
giving me a fresh IP address. There appears to be a range of IP
addresses from plus.net which don't have correct DNS entries.

Raphael
2006-04-19
01:47:12
Dave Wilson
CSC Agent Assigned : [INTERNAL]
The aforementioned IP address has no rDNS whatsoever. Should it not have
an rDNS entry to signify this as a Broadband Plus Dynamic IP?

Regards,
Dave Wilson

-------------------- end 3 --------------------------


and the ticket is still open!


What can I say....

Raphael
  #2  
Old April 22nd 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 353
Default plus.net going down the pan?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:02:51 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

I have been a happy customer of plus.net for many years and apart from
being cut off for 10 days every time I move house have had little
complain about. In fact I even recommended them to some friends and
receive monthly "thank you" referral fees from plus.net. However, in the
last few weeks I have had some technical problems which caused me to
use their ticket system. All I can say is ... oh my god... and paste an
interchange below.

snip tickets


and the ticket is still open!


What can I say....

Raphael


Hi Raphael,

I'm sorry about the problems you've been having with this. There has been
a problem with setting up the PTR records for one of our new IP ranges
with RIPE, most of the addresses have been registered correctly now and
the rDNS should now be working OK but some are still not showing up the
correct records except by querying our authorative name servers. We are
working with RIPE to correct this as soon as possible and ensure that the
correct rDNS records are showing for all the IP addresses in our new
ranges.


--
| Dave Tomlinson Broadband Solutions For
| Comms Team Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
  #3  
Old April 22nd 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lesshaste
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default plus.net going down the pan?

PlusNet Support Team wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:02:51 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

I have been a happy customer of plus.net for many years and apart from
being cut off for 10 days every time I move house have had little
complain about. In fact I even recommended them to some friends and
receive monthly "thank you" referral fees from plus.net. However, in
the last few weeks I have had some technical problems which caused
me to use their ticket system. All I can say is ... oh my god... and
paste an interchange below.

snip tickets


and the ticket is still open!


What can I say....

Raphael


Hi Raphael,

I'm sorry about the problems you've been having with this. There has
been a problem with setting up the PTR records for one of our new IP
ranges with RIPE, most of the addresses have been registered correctly
now and the rDNS should now be working OK but some are still not showing
up the correct records except by querying our authorative name servers.
We are working with RIPE to correct this as soon as possible and ensure
that the correct rDNS records are showing for all the IP addresses in
our new ranges.



Thanks very much for that very sensible and well informed reply. The
reason I made the posting I did was mainly due to the quality of the
replies I have been receiving in plus.net ticket system. If you had a
chance to read all the tickets I posted you will see that the plus.net
support team

a) Don't appear to read any of a ticket apart from the last post
b) Simply repeat themselves when it is patiently explained why they are
mistaken
c) Provide answers that are short to the point of being useless or are
simply completely misleading. (Read my ticket about speed problems.)
c) Make the same mistake over and over again and even when it is fixed
and an apology has been forthcoming make the same mistake again a few
days later and even when that is pointed out make the same mistake
again. And then refuse to apologise or acknowledge it. You will see
that the main tickets are still open and unresolved.

I didn't bother to paste the rest of the information but I had a very
similar experience trying to ask what the downloads limits were on my
account and comparing them to other ISP limits. Each time the reply
came having either deliberately misread my post or even worse, simply
failed to see whole sentences like (in relation to a competing ISP)

"only usage in the peak hours of 6pm to midnight counts toward the limit "

Then when I point out that the sentence has been missed the same mistake
is made again. Then when I point it out again there is no apology. Then
when I say I will have to change ISP if this is not made any better I get

"We try to be as competitive within the marketplace as possible, without
surrendering service. If you still feel that you wish to move ISP's,
then we can certinaly assist you in this.
"

which sounds mildly like a threat.


I can see that you personally do a great job and it would be wonderful
if you could answer all tickets but as for the rest of the team...


Raphael

  #4  
Old April 22nd 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 353
Default plus.net going down the pan?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:26:09 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:



Thanks very much for that very sensible and well informed reply. The
reason I made the posting I did was mainly due to the quality of the
replies I have been receiving in plus.net ticket system. If you had a
chance to read all the tickets I posted you will see that the plus.net
support team



I did have read through, and I agree 100%. Some of the replies were not of
the standard I would expect of our support team and I would like to thank
you for pointing it out.

It has been passed on to the training guys so they can "educate" as
appropriate. I won't try and make any excuses for the answers were up to
standard, but will give you a quick idea of what we are doing to make
things better. We recently recruited a new batch of trainees and I believe
we'll be recruiting more shortly. There's a whole load of training lined
up over the next few weeks as we change how support is handled with the
CSC (you may have seen a email from us recently). In all this should mean
that for urgent problems (e.g. connection faults) you'll be able to get
through pretty much straight away and the non-urgent type questions going
through contact us should get more time and focus and see an improvement
in both the quality (and thus first time fix rate) and turn around times.



I can see that you personally do a great job and it would be wonderful
if you could answer all tickets but as for the rest of the team...


Thanks, I wish I could


--
| Dave Tomlinson Broadband Solutions For
| Comms Team Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
  #5  
Old April 22nd 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Guthrie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 28
Default plus.net going down the pan?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:26:09 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

I can see that you personally do a great job and it would be wonderful
if you could answer all tickets but as for the rest of the team...


As a matter of interest, why didn't you bring this matter up in one
of the Plusnet newsgroups first?

Jim.
  #6  
Old April 22nd 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 291
Default plus.net going down the pan?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:17:48 +0100, [PlusNet Support Team] said :-

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:02:51 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

I have been a happy customer of plus.net for many years and apart from
being cut off for 10 days every time I move house have had little
complain about. In fact I even recommended them to some friends and
receive monthly "thank you" referral fees from plus.net. However, in the
last few weeks I have had some technical problems which caused me to
use their ticket system. All I can say is ... oh my god... and paste an
interchange below.

snip tickets


and the ticket is still open!


What can I say....

Raphael


Hi Raphael,

I'm sorry about the problems you've been having with this. There has been
a problem with setting up the PTR records for one of our new IP ranges
with RIPE, most of the addresses have been registered correctly now and
the rDNS should now be working OK but some are still not showing up the
correct records except by querying our authorative name servers. We are
working with RIPE to correct this as soon as possible and ensure that the
correct rDNS records are showing for all the IP addresses in our new
ranges.



Please explain why you were so careless in the first place ?


  #7  
Old April 22nd 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 353
Default plus.net going down the pan?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:36:56 +0100, Spin Dryer wrote:

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:17:48 +0100, [PlusNet Support Team] said :-

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:02:51 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

I have been a happy customer of plus.net for many years and apart from
being cut off for 10 days every time I move house have had little
complain about. In fact I even recommended them to some friends and
receive monthly "thank you" referral fees from plus.net. However, in
the
last few weeks I have had some technical problems which caused me to
use their ticket system. All I can say is ... oh my god... and paste an
interchange below.

snip tickets


and the ticket is still open!


What can I say....

Raphael


Hi Raphael,

I'm sorry about the problems you've been having with this. There has
been
a problem with setting up the PTR records for one of our new IP ranges
with RIPE, most of the addresses have been registered correctly now and
the rDNS should now be working OK but some are still not showing up the
correct records except by querying our authorative name servers. We are
working with RIPE to correct this as soon as possible and ensure that
the
correct rDNS records are showing for all the IP addresses in our new
ranges.



Please explain why you were so careless in the first place ?



I don't know why it wasn't set up correctly in the first place (not my
area of the business) but will see if I can find out.


--
| Dave Tomlinson Broadband Solutions For
| Comms Team Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
  #8  
Old April 22nd 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 291
Default plus.net going down the pan?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:59:15 +0100, [PlusNet Support Team] said :-

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:36:56 +0100, Spin Dryer wrote:

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:17:48 +0100, [PlusNet Support Team] said :-

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:02:51 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

I have been a happy customer of plus.net for many years and apart from
being cut off for 10 days every time I move house have had little
complain about. In fact I even recommended them to some friends and
receive monthly "thank you" referral fees from plus.net. However, in
the
last few weeks I have had some technical problems which caused me to
use their ticket system. All I can say is ... oh my god... and paste an
interchange below.

snip tickets


and the ticket is still open!


What can I say....

Raphael

Hi Raphael,

I'm sorry about the problems you've been having with this. There has
been
a problem with setting up the PTR records for one of our new IP ranges
with RIPE, most of the addresses have been registered correctly now and
the rDNS should now be working OK but some are still not showing up the
correct records except by querying our authorative name servers. We are
working with RIPE to correct this as soon as possible and ensure that
the
correct rDNS records are showing for all the IP addresses in our new
ranges.



Please explain why you were so careless in the first place ?



I don't know why it wasn't set up correctly in the first place (not my
area of the business) but will see if I can find out.



In which case for future reference, find someone competant who knows
what they are doing. The activity that you describe is often used by
spammers.
  #9  
Old April 22nd 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lesshaste
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default plus.net going down the pan?

Jim Guthrie wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:26:09 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

I can see that you personally do a great job and it would be wonderful
if you could answer all tickets but as for the rest of the team...


As a matter of interest, why didn't you bring this matter up in one
of the Plusnet newsgroups first?

Jim.


To be honest no deep reason other than the fact that I had completely
exhausted myself trying to get through using the ticket system and
didn't see any advantage in trying another plus.net route. The problems
have been so frustrating I thought non plus.net people might be
interested to know about them. You will notice that to this date there
has still not been a resolution that is satisfactory other than noticing
that the plus.net employee that posts here is clearly of a different
class to all the others


Raphael

  #10  
Old April 22nd 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 26
Default plus.net going down the pan?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:26:09 +0100, lesshaste
wrote:

a) Don't appear to read any of a ticket apart from the last post
b) Simply repeat themselves when it is patiently explained why they are
mistaken
c) Provide answers that are short to the point of being useless or are
simply completely misleading. (Read my ticket about speed problems.)
c) Make the same mistake over and over again and even when it is fixed
and an apology has been forthcoming make the same mistake again a few
days later and even when that is pointed out make the same mistake
again. And then refuse to apologise or acknowledge it. You will see
that the main tickets are still open and unresolved.


Hmmmm, situation totally normal in my experience unfortunately. I
very rarely have need to use the support system but it has been many
years since I have ever been able to get a straight-forward, correct
and timely response to any problem raised via the ticket system. It
almost always ends up in an increasingly heated ping-pong because
those answering queries generally appear not to have the knowledge
and/or experience to do so - they are simply script reading or BSing
and often appear to be just removing tickets from the queue by
providing ANY response no matter what or no matter how many times the
very same response has been given before.

Whilst this is perhaps par for the course with virtually any support
type operation there is nothing that infuriates me more than going
round in circles because a problem is not accepted as existing despite
the irrefutable evidence provided, being given totally incorrect or
irrelevant information (on some occasions even being blatantly lied
to), providing detailed information which is then not read or
understood and generally being messed around over a prolonged period
of time no matter how relatively simple the matter in question.
Despite my limited knowledge, it always appears that I know
considerably more than those attempting to answer queries.

As a long-term subscriber to F9/PN this is my only real and long-term
complaint/problem with the service. You can probably imagine just how
loud I laughed when the e-mail support and in particular premium
rate support because, and I quote, "there is nothing worse than
ringing somewhere for help only to discover you know more than the
person at the other end" dropped into my inbox !!! Sorry PN, support
sucks and has done for a long time so if I want professional advice or
consultancy then I will use a professional consultant if/when
necessary. There is nothing that would ever tempt me to contact a PN
ticket/phone system with go-faster stripes or whatever based on the
normal level of performance experienced over many years.

BTW, someone asked "why not post to a PN NG" elsewhere in the thread.
Probably for the very same reason that I have posted PN related
queries in here befo PN NGs filled with people whining about T&Cs
or FUPs whenever I have looked before, you always get sensible and
helpful responses to any problems/queries raised from the many
knowledgeable people who read this NG, it highlights support problems
for prospective subscribers to consider and it generally means that a
passing PN representative will review the thread/ticket and resolve
the problem one way or another.

--
Mike
email: mikeb at twowheels dot plus dot com
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.