Wanadoo timeout problem this morning..?

Old April 22nd 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Default Wanadoo timeout problem this morning..?

Anyone else get 'PPPoE timeout' errors on Wanadoo this morning..? Woke up
at around 0630 to find all the lights out and no sync. Error log lists
'PPPoE timeout' repeatedly since around 0200. Rebooted the router and all
was ok, but wondered what caused it..?

Router incidentally is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon combined modem/router/VoIP
ATA. Normally solid as a rock, never had anything similar in almost a year
of using it so don't think it's that, but any ideas would be welcome.

Ivor

Old April 22nd 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gijsen

Ivor Jones wrote:
Anyone else get 'PPPoE timeout' errors on Wanadoo this morning..? Woke up
at around 0630 to find all the lights out and no sync. Error log lists
'PPPoE timeout' repeatedly since around 0200. Rebooted the router and all
was ok, but wondered what caused it..?

Read the "Wanadoo MAC" thread, it might explain it.
Old April 23rd 06, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Anton Gijsen"
wrote in
message

Ivor Jones wrote:
Anyone else get 'PPPoE timeout' errors on Wanadoo this
morning..? Woke up at around 0630 to find all the
lights out and no sync. Error log lists 'PPPoE timeout'
repeatedly since around 0200. Rebooted the router and
all was ok, but wondered what caused it..?

Read the "Wanadoo MAC" thread, it might explain it.

Hmm, possibly, but I'm not sure. I've been with them since they started
(aka Freeserve) and it's never been down for more than a few minutes in 4
years, at least not here.

On the other hand, when am I going to get my speed upgrade now that my
local exchange is enabled for 8 Mb..?! Still no sign of it..!

Ivor