Old April 22nd 06, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Is there a really simple step by step guide to setting up [email protected] ?

I have a LinkSys PAP2 ATA, no PSTN phone line, what should I expect the
system to offer me with this setup?

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old April 22nd 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Is there a really simple step by step guide to setting up
[email protected] ?
I have a LinkSys PAP2 ATA, no PSTN phone line, what should I expect
the system to offer me with this setup?

Another thing, this may sound a little stupid, I know the [email protected] PC
needs to be connected to my router, does the PAP2 then need to be connected
to the [email protected] PC by way of another Ethernet port (two Ethernet ports
in total) or can it be made to work with the PAP2 connected to the router?

Old April 22nd 06, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Is there a really simple step by step guide to setting up
[email protected] ?
I have a LinkSys PAP2 ATA, no PSTN phone line, what should I expect
the system to offer me with this setup?

Another thing, this may sound a little stupid, I know the [email protected] PC
needs to be connected to my router, does the PAP2 then need to be connected
to the [email protected] PC by way of another Ethernet port (two Ethernet ports
in total) or can it be made to work with the PAP2 connected to the router?

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk Has lots of information.

There is lots of other websites with info all over the internet, google
for then

I have asterisk running, i use it for callback mainly, i have set it so
if i call a number i have assigned, it cuts me off and calls me back.
Allowing me to make calls from any provider i wish... Been messing with
it lots over past week.

An asterisk PBX/Server is very similar to what many SIP providers use
for there networks. Sipgate use it for certain, and have not customized
lots of it, for example voicemail, its a right mess! The voices are
awful, and there is about three people doing voices. So, with it being
similar idea, you just set your PAP2, or other hardware, to register to
the asterisk box. That is then a gateway to the 'Trunks' you have set up.

It's quite useful that you can set it to call out via loads of different
trunks (providers) I have voipbuster as main one, then go down to other
ones, blueface, sipgate, voipfone, voipuser etc... So when making a call
it will try each one until it gets a connection

Email me if you want any help, i will try my best!
Old April 22nd 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Is there a really simple step by step guide to setting up
[email protected] ?

Excellent setup guide at:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/A...+Handbook+Wiki
And brilliant tutorials/ideas at: www.nerdvittles.com

I have a LinkSys PAP2 ATA, no PSTN phone line, what should I expect
the system to offer me with this setup?

Multiple SIP accounts, as many extensions as you want, auto-attendants,
voicemail that emails you a copy of the message, time conditions (send
afterhours calls on your "business" calls to voicemail), call
forwarding to other numbers etc etc the list is longggg - It's really a
question of "What CAN'T it do?"
Oh, if you're on cable with a phone service, that line could be routed
into your asterisk as well, I think.

Another thing, this may sound a little stupid, I know the [email protected] PC
needs to be connected to my router, does the PAP2 then need to be connected
to the [email protected] PC by way of another Ethernet port (two Ethernet ports
in total) or can it be made to work with the PAP2 connected to the router?

Yes, your PAP and asterisk box would plug into your router. Mine sits
on the same LAN as my ATAs (ie all are plugged into my router). I think
you could also plug your ATA into your AAH box but you would need 2
ethernet cards on that PC as you said.

Old April 22nd 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} was thinking very hard :
Is there a really simple step by step guide to setting up [email protected] ?

By far the best - http://nerdvittles.com

I have a LinkSys PAP2 ATA, no PSTN phone line, what should I expect the
system to offer me with this setup?

One thing you'll achieve, at least in the short term, is no more
evenings with nothing to do!

2. Dial in/Dial out using a supplier of your choice.

3. Voicemail that can be emailed to you.

3. Unlimited speed dials

4. No limit on suppliers.

5. No limit to the number of devices you connect within your local
network.

6. Dial-in (no answer) with callback with dial tone.

7. Call recording (both sides of conversation)

8. Searchable Call Data Record.

9. Internal extension numbers (remote as well as local)

10. Trunk to trunk call forwarding.

......to list but 10.

Old April 22nd 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} explained :
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Is there a really simple step by step guide to setting up
[email protected] ?
I have a LinkSys PAP2 ATA, no PSTN phone line, what should I expect
the system to offer me with this setup?

Another thing, this may sound a little stupid, I know the [email protected] PC
needs to be connected to my router,

Yes.

does the PAP2 then need to be connected
to the [email protected]ome PC by way of another Ethernet port (two Ethernet ports
in total)

No.

or can it be made to work with the PAP2 connected to the router?

Absolutely.

Old April 22nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} explained :
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Is there a really simple step by step guide to setting up
[email protected] ?
I have a LinkSys PAP2 ATA, no PSTN phone line, what should I expect
the system to offer me with this setup?

Another thing, this may sound a little stupid, I know the
[email protected] PC needs to be connected to my router,

Yes.

does the PAP2 then need to be connected
to the [email protected] PC by way of another Ethernet port (two
Ethernet ports in total)

No.

or can it be made to work with the PAP2 connected to the router?

Absolutely.

Sounds good, I can hide the [email protected] away out of sight.

Old April 22nd 06, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote :

Sounds good, I can hide the [email protected] away out of sight.

Go for it.