Skype keeps appearing as offline to Dualphone

Old April 22nd 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Smithers

Default Skype keeps appearing as offline to Dualphone

This is driving me mad and I hope someone can help before I give up and go
back to a normal phone line.

Every few hours or more, my Dualphone screen reports 'No VOIP Clients
Running' and its software says Skype is closed. Yet Skype is on and working
perfectly.

I have tried a full destructive uninstall and reinstall of both products
more than once. I have also replaced the handset.
I have Skype 2.0.0.97 & Dualphone Suite 2.08 (latest versions)

If a call comes in, Skype rings on my screen, but the Dualphone ignores it.
The only solution is to close Skype, then reopen Skype. Not much use if I
want to answer a call

I have had this problem ever since I purchased the Dualphone v1.x 6 months
ago, and from earlier Skype 1.x versions.

I repeat, I have done a complete destructive uninstall of both programs more
than once, but it just doesn't help.

Nothing particular seems to cause this to occur, and the timing is random
and intermittent. I have seen other users with the issue but no solution.

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated as I am about to abandon both
Skype and Dualphone. I laugh every time I see their slogan 'Internet
telephony that just works' :cry:
_________________
Thanks,

Chris

Old April 22nd 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Chris Smithers" wrote in message
. uk

[snip]

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated as I am about
to abandon both Skype and Dualphone. I laugh every time I
see their slogan 'Internet telephony that just works' :cry:
_________________
Thanks,

Chris

Skype is ok for what it is, a peer to peer computer program. If you want
serious internet telephony, use a hardware ATA with one of the many SIP
providers out there. Plenty of people here will help you and/or recommend
equipment/suppliers. My personal choice is Sipgate with either Sipura or
AVM hardware, but others will no doubt have something to say about that..!
Don't listen to personal slurs, but make up your own mind.

Ivor

Old April 23rd 06, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Smithers

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

Skype is ok for what it is, a peer to peer computer program. If you want
serious internet telephony, use a hardware ATA with one of the many SIP
providers out there. Plenty of people here will help you and/or recommend
equipment/suppliers. My personal choice is Sipgate with either Sipura or
AVM hardware, but others will no doubt have something to say about that..!
Don't listen to personal slurs, but make up your own mind.

Cheers Ivor. I need something hardware based, I agree. It also needs to
give a 'real' phone number for incoming calls, *and* allow porting of my
existing London number to its network.

What do other people like/recommend?
--
Thanks,