block msn access after midnight ?

Old April 22nd 06, 09:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian Day

Default block msn access after midnight ?

Have a Belkin pre-n wirless router, anybody suggest a way of blocking MSN
after midnight.
Must be thru the router as it supplys network and wireless laptop directly.

Had a look at the parental controls but thats a bit too severe.
cheers

Brian Day

ps - good bit of kit with one PCM card for under 100.00 at pcworld.

Old April 23rd 06, 04:00 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nick

disable upnp after midnight?
without upnp, it wont work through NAT router.

Old April 23rd 06, 08:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

"Brian Day" wrote in message
. uk...
Have a Belkin pre-n wirless router, anybody suggest a way of blocking MSN
after midnight.

Blocking connections to port 1863 should do the trick, assuming you can
specify times.

Alex

Old April 28th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nut

nick wrote:
disable upnp after midnight?
without upnp, it wont work through NAT router.

That's incorrect.

I have uPnP disabled and have three computers on my network running MSN
Messenger... going through a NAT enabled router.

Old April 28th 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nut

Alex Fraser wrote:
"Brian Day" wrote in message
. uk...
Have a Belkin pre-n wirless router, anybody suggest a way of
blocking MSN after midnight.

Blocking connections to port 1863 should do the trick, assuming you
can specify times.

If Messenger cannot connect on port 1863, will it not then attempt to
connect over HTTP, port 80?

There's also a web messenger available... so they only way to limit it's use
after midnight is to block all internet traffic between 12am and 7am to that
IP.