New router - Belkin-style F5D7630

Old April 22nd 06, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

Default New router - Belkin-style F5D7630

Sort-of further to the Cisco thread . My ancient WAP11 died on me last
night, so in a pre-pay-day panic, I had to go to Tesco and buy the only
wireless ADSL hardware they had, which is a Micra Digital rebranded
Belkin thingy, with a '-e' on the end of the product code.

Quite cute and small and white . Still think I'd have preferred the
Draytek, though.

Been playing with it, anyway; managed to get (some of) the firmware
decompressed and the like, following in the footsteps of someone who's
linky I've lost. Wishing there'd been a 7633 there, since ISTR that they
run Linux?

Cool undocumented features so far include an option to change serial
number, MAC address, !board version! (http://router-ip/production.stm)
and a load of other stuff I think would *not* be a good idea to play
with. Also a "linegraph.class" file. Need to find the html file thast
calls it, though. Also wireless_country.stm - which is probably useful
for breaking the law (as well as getting a channel no-one else is using?
Naughty! )

Aaanyway, I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of processor it is
(ARM?), and which OS it runs (what I think is the OS file, in the
firmware, is called soho.bin)?

I've done a desultory Google but not found much, and I don't really want
to rip it open the first day I bought it.

Also, it has an 802.1x (RADIUS) authentication mode, and I was wondering
if there's any conceivable way to get it working, with the RADIUS server
also being wireless? I think it's a bit of a tall order, but I can't
move my server upstairs (where the router is), or the router downstairs
(where the server is), so if I want to use it then I'll need to wangle
it somehow...

xF,

....Nick
Old April 23rd 06, 01:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 22 Apr 2006, Nicholas Thomas wrote:

Cool undocumented features so far include an option to change serial
number, MAC address, !board version! (http://router-ip/production.stm)
and a load of other stuff I think would *not* be a good idea to play

How about a screenshot for those of us who don't have one in front
of us... might be a bit of use from a marketing angle :-)
Old April 23rd 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

poster wrote:
On 22 Apr 2006, Nicholas Thomas wrote:

Cool undocumented features so far include an option to change serial
number, MAC address, !board version! (http://router-ip/production.stm)
and a load of other stuff I think would *not* be a good idea to play

How about a screenshot for those of us who don't have one in front
of us... might be a bit of use from a marketing angle :-)

http://www.zen87372.zen.co.uk/

xF,

....Nick