Unbundling an exchange

Old April 23rd 06, 08:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Rogers

Default Unbundling an exchange

I live in Thanet and have been told that some of the 01843 exchanges have
been unbundled but not the one I am connected to. Is there any way to find
out when/if my exchange will be added to those which have been unbundled?

Stuart
Old April 23rd 06, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Drake

* Stuart Rogers wrote:
I live in Thanet and have been told that some of the 01843 exchanges have
been unbundled but not the one I am connected to. Is there any way to find
out when/if my exchange will be added to those which have been unbundled?

Go he

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php

stick in your tel number, click on your exchange, bottom left hand corner

Charlie
Old April 23rd 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Rogers

Charlie Drake wrote in
:

* Stuart Rogers wrote:
I live in Thanet and have been told that some of the 01843 exchanges
have been unbundled but not the one I am connected to. Is there any
way to find out when/if my exchange will be added to those which have
been unbundled?

Go he

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php

stick in your tel number, click on your exchange, bottom left hand
corner

Charlie

Well it gives me no info on any schedule for my exchange which is what I
wanted to know. It only tells me there is no LLU support! There should be a
schedule somewhere.

Stuart
Old April 23rd 06, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Drake

* Stuart Rogers wrote:

Well it gives me no info on any schedule for my exchange which is what I
wanted to know. It only tells me there is no LLU support! There should be a
schedule somewhere.

Stuart

Then it means nothing is currently scheduled for approx 6 months.

Charlie
Old April 23rd 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Drake

* Stuart Rogers wrote:
Well it gives me no info on any schedule for my exchange which is what I
wanted to know. It only tells me there is no LLU support! There should be a
schedule somewhere.

BTW what is your exchange name?

Charlie
Old April 23rd 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Rogers

Charlie Drake wrote in
:

* Stuart Rogers wrote:
Well it gives me no info on any schedule for my exchange which is
what I wanted to know. It only tells me there is no LLU support!
There should be a schedule somewhere.

BTW what is your exchange name?

Charlie

Its Broadstairs. Do I gather that the schedule is driven by the companies
wanting to install their own kit rather than BT specifically opening up the
exchange to allow it?

Stuart
Old April 23rd 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 23 Apr 2006, Stuart Rogers wrote:

Its Broadstairs. Do I gather that the schedule is driven by the companies
wanting to install their own kit rather than BT specifically opening up
the exchange to allow it?

Yes, and even if they do have kit installed, in some cases they may have
filled it with business users already. Back in December a London user
wanted to get onto UK Online, the exchange has service from Easynet
(owners of UK Online) but in London, Easynet would have been getting
business users on their kit (loads of money!) well in advance of allowing
UK Online to fill up spare capacity. At least that's my theory :-) Peter