SipDiscount credit

Old April 23rd 06, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default SipDiscount credit

My credit (which was originally E5) has just expired. I notice the
renewal is now E10, but I can't find anywhere on site or on the T&Cs as
to how long this credit lasts.

Anyone point me in the right direction please.

David
Old April 23rd 06, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh David Floyd:
My credit (which was originally E5) has just expired. I notice the
renewal is now E10, but I can't find anywhere on site or on the T&Cs
as to how long this credit lasts.

Anyone point me in the right direction please.

David

http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21

120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
credit in addition to the new credit.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old April 23rd 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 23 Apr 2006, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
Thus spaketh David Floyd:
My credit (which was originally E5) has just expired. I notice the
renewal is now E10, but I can't find anywhere on site or on the T&Cs
as to how long this credit lasts.

Anyone point me in the right direction please.

David

http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21

120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
credit in addition to the new credit.

Thank you,

David
Old April 23rd 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh David Floyd:
My credit (which was originally E5) has just expired. I notice the
renewal is now E10, but I can't find anywhere on site or on the T&Cs
as to how long this credit lasts.

Anyone point me in the right direction please.

David

http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21

120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
credit in addition to the new credit.

You sure about that? I've tried adding credits but it said I already
have too much credit in the account.. I suspect unless you have 0 credit
they wont allow you to add more.. Cheeky.
Old April 23rd 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-04-23, Scope wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21

120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
credit in addition to the new credit.

You sure about that? I've tried adding credits but it said I already
have too much credit in the account.. I suspect unless you have 0 credit
they wont allow you to add more.. Cheeky.

Having just topped up my account, I can confirm that what happens is as
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} describes. It might worth your trying again. Perhaps
the server was having an off moment and was a little surprised to be
getting any money from you!

Brian.
Old April 23rd 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-04-23, Brian wrote:

Having just topped up my account, I can confirm that what happens is as
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} describes. It might worth your trying again. Perhaps
the server was having an off moment and was a little surprised to be
getting any money from you!

Or perhaps the server was acting as designed. From

http://doulos.wordpress.com/technica.../betamax-voip/

"If you only make calls to free destinations, your credit will not be
used up; but unless you purchase more credit within 120 days
(i.e. 4 months), your remaining credit will expire. Since the system
will not let you purchase more credit unless your balance is below
EUR 5, your remaining credit definitely will expire unless you use it."

My credit was below EUR 5. How about yours?

Brian.
Old April 24th 06, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

On 2006-04-23, Brian wrote:
Having just topped up my account, I can confirm that what happens is as
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} describes. It might worth your trying again. Perhaps
the server was having an off moment and was a little surprised to be
getting any money from you!

Or perhaps the server was acting as designed. From

http://doulos.wordpress.com/technica.../betamax-voip/

"If you only make calls to free destinations, your credit will not be
used up; but unless you purchase more credit within 120 days
(i.e. 4 months), your remaining credit will expire. Since the system
will not let you purchase more credit unless your balance is below
EUR 5, your remaining credit definitely will expire unless you use it."

My credit was below EUR 5. How about yours?

Brian.

I have just tried topping up my voipdiscount account, and I can confirm
what I said earlier; with credits on the account I can not top it up.
Perhaps the different betamax companies operate with different policies?

I have 7 euros left on the account, and when I tried to topup I got the
following message:

"You have sufficient credit. Please use your remaining credit first and
top up again later."

Old April 24th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ron Wellsted

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:59:56 +0100, Scope wrote:

I have just tried topping up my voipdiscount account, and I can confirm
what I said earlier; with credits on the account I can not top it up.
Perhaps the different betamax companies operate with different policies?

I have 7 euros left on the account, and when I tried to topup I got the
following message:

"You have sufficient credit. Please use your remaining credit first and
top up again later."

I have just logged in and added another 10 Euros to the 9.97 Euros credit
I had without any problems, I was also offered the option of buying 10, 25
or 50 Euros of credit.

It is interesting that I had 9.97 as I had made a chargeable call to
France charged at 0.0350 from my original 10 Euros credit, so they are
rounding in MY favour (very rare!), most companies will round in their
favour.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk

Old April 29th 06, 08:04 PM
fozzie fozzie is offline
Junior Member

Location: Poole, Dorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope
I have just tried topping up my voipdiscount account, and I can confirm
what I said earlier; with credits on the account I can not top it up.
Perhaps the different betamax companies operate with different policies?

I have 7 euros left on the account, and when I tried to topup I got the
following message:

"You have sufficient credit. Please use your remaining credit first and
top up again later."
The OP was about SIPdiscount - you're talking about VOIPdiscount. Different providers; different T&Cs?!