FreeWorldDialup offline..?

Old April 23rd 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default FreeWorldDialup offline..?

Anyone else getting "DNS error" with FreeWorldDialup..? My account hasn't
registered since 0900 this morning and the website is unavailable.

I only use it for my incoming US number from www.ipkall.com which I can
route elsewhere, but it's always been ok until now.

Ivor

Old April 23rd 06, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Ivor Jones wrote:
Anyone else getting "DNS error" with FreeWorldDialup..? My account hasn't
registered since 0900 this morning and the website is unavailable.

I only use it for my incoming US number from www.ipkall.com which I can
route elsewhere, but it's always been ok until now.

Ivor

Last call to the FWD welcome line was at around 10am... They've been
down since then
Old April 23rd 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:
Anyone else getting "DNS error" with FreeWorldDialup..?
My account hasn't registered since 0900 this morning
and the website is unavailable. I only use it for my incoming US
number from
www.ipkall.com which I can route elsewhere, but it's
always been ok until now. Ivor

Last call to the FWD welcome line was at around 10am...
They've been down since then

Thanks, any idea what the problem is..? As I said I only use it for my
www.ipkall.com US number which I have now routed elsewhere, but it's
normally reliable.

Ivor

Old April 23rd 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:
Anyone else getting "DNS error" with FreeWorldDialup..?
My account hasn't registered since 0900 this morning
and the website is unavailable. I only use it for my incoming US
number from
www.ipkall.com which I can route elsewhere, but it's
always been ok until now. Ivor

Last call to the FWD welcome line was at around 10am...
They've been down since then

Thanks, any idea what the problem is..? As I said I only use it for my
www.ipkall.com US number which I have now routed elsewhere, but it's
normally reliable.

Ivor

Yes, it is normally a very reliable service! I have no idea why it's
gone down, i just know it has

Can't even run a trace route:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admintracert www.freeworlddialup.com
Unable to resolve target system name www.freeworlddialup.com.

It's not went down for so long in ages!

Glad to say all my other trunks are functioning correctly though
Old April 23rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

[snip]

Yes, it is normally a very reliable service! I have no
idea why it's gone down, i just know it has

Can't even run a trace route:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admintracert
www.freeworlddialup.com Unable to resolve target system
name www.freeworlddialup.com.
It's not went down for so long in ages!

Glad to say all my other trunks are functioning correctly
though

It seems to be back up now, at least my ATA is registering. Website still
down though.

Ivor

Old April 23rd 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

It seems to be back up now, at least my ATA is
registering. Website still down though.

Ivor

Spoke too soon..! It's off again..!

23.04.06 21:04:17 Registration of Internet number xxxxxx failed. Reason
for error: Remote site not responding. Timeout.

Ivor

Old April 23rd 06, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
B. Wright

Ivor Jones wrote:

Anyone else getting "DNS error" with FreeWorldDialup..? My account hasn't
registered since 0900 this morning and the website is unavailable.

I only use it for my incoming US number from www.ipkall.com which I can
route elsewhere, but it's always been ok until now.

In my experience FWD has been very unreliable at times. I
realize that's where the free part comes in, but I can't help but wonder
if their commercial service is just as flakey. The one aggravating
thing is that there's really not an accurate status page anywhere that
I've found so you always get some doubt as to whether it's their problem
or yours.

I haven't been using it today, but for what it's worth, I just
heard the PSTN fallback relay on my Sipura SPA-3000 cycle about five
minutes ago (which means the SIP service (FWD on this one) has just
crapped out or becom available again.

Old April 23rd 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

just called *393613 and it works at the moment

Old April 30th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mark kelly

Also just to say in my father case SIPGATE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS!
So just cause Sipgate is no good for you does not mean it is bad for
others