multi-line sip phone

Old April 23rd 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Default multi-line sip phone

I'm considering getting a multi-line sip phone. Apart from the
Grandstream GXP-2000 which supports 4 sip accounts, how many do other
makes, e.g. Snom 320, 360 support?

Thanks,
--
Nick B.
Old April 23rd 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Nick B." writes:

I'm considering getting a multi-line sip phone. Apart from the
Grandstream GXP-2000 which supports 4 sip accounts, how many do other
makes, e.g. Snom 320, 360 support?

Safecom SDSIP-5000 does 3, according to the instructions.
It also does 2 simultaneous SIP calls which you can conference
together, and its hands-free works very well. I also contains
a router so you can route a PC network connection through it.

They also do a lower spec 3000 model, which might also do 3
SIP accounts, but I don't know, not having played with that one.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old April 24th 06, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Nick B. wrote:

I'm considering getting a multi-line sip phone. Apart from the
Grandstream GXP-2000 which supports 4 sip accounts, how many do other
makes, e.g. Snom 320, 360 support?

Thanks,

The Snom320 and 360 both support 12 registrations newer firmware.

Paul.
Old April 24th 06, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Paul Hayes wrote:
Nick B. wrote:

I'm considering getting a multi-line sip phone. Apart from the
Grandstream GXP-2000 which supports 4 sip accounts, how many do other
makes, e.g. Snom 320, 360 support?

Thanks,

The Snom320 and 360 both support 12 registrations newer firmware.

Thanks, that's useful to know. I had a look through the Snom manuals but
couldn't find a definitive answer. Looks like my choice is between one
of these or the GXP-3000 then.

--
Nick B.
Old April 25th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
linker3000

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Nick B." writes:
I'm considering getting a multi-line sip phone. Apart from the
Grandstream GXP-2000 which supports 4 sip accounts, how many do other
makes, e.g. Snom 320, 360 support?

Safecom SDSIP-5000 does 3, according to the instructions.
It also does 2 simultaneous SIP calls which you can conference
together, and its hands-free works very well. I also contains
a router so you can route a PC network connection through it.

They also do a lower spec 3000 model, which might also do 3
SIP accounts, but I don't know, not having played with that one.

Have you managed to make call transfers work with the SDSIP-5000? I have
setup two SIP accounts on the phone with my provider as per Safecom's
instructions and I follow the transfer procedure in their manual and on
their Web site, but the inbound call always gets cut off - eg:

1) I answer inbound call.
2) I press XFER (line B lights up)
3) I dial other phone (either short LAN code *201# or 'landline' 01.....#
4) I speak to person on other phone
5) I hang up and both calls are disconnected.

Any ideas?

Thx

Old April 29th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
linker3000 writes:
Have you managed to make call transfers work with the SDSIP-5000? I have
setup two SIP accounts on the phone with my provider as per Safecom's
instructions and I follow the transfer procedure in their manual and on
their Web site, but the inbound call always gets cut off - eg:

I haven't tried this, and only have a single account (with
my own SIP server). I haven't looked at how SIP does call
transfer, but it might be that your service providers are
required to support something which they have chosen not to.

--
Andrew Gabriel