Problem with zyxel 642R via serial

Old April 24th 06, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ughino Fantocci

Default Problem with zyxel 642R via serial

Hello! I just bought a second and Zyxel 642R modem-router. I would like
to reset the password via serial cable. The problem is that the
keyboard wont work inside the terminal window. I tryed it with Minicom
on a Linux system and with Hyperterminal on a Windows but both gave the
same problem.
Any idea?
Is it possible to reset the router by opening the box?

Old April 24th 06, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:13:36 UTC, "Ughino Fantocci"
wrote:

Hello! I just bought a second and Zyxel 642R modem-router. I would like
to reset the password via serial cable. The problem is that the
keyboard wont work inside the terminal window. I tryed it with Minicom
on a Linux system and with Hyperterminal on a Windows but both gave the
same problem.
Any idea?
Is it possible to reset the router by opening the box?

Dunno specifically about the 642R, but my 645R has a reset button on the
back. Hold it in, power on, and keep it held in for at least a minute.
Power off, on again, and it's done.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 24th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ughino Fantocci

LOL! If it were so simple I wouln't have asked to half planet how to
reset the router.
The 642R doesn't have an external reset botton. Lucky who has a 645R!

Old April 24th 06, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:39:20 UTC, "Ughino Fantocci"
wrote:

LOL! If it were so simple I wouln't have asked to half planet how to
reset the router.
The 642R doesn't have an external reset botton. Lucky who has a 645R!

It's what my ISP supplied, four years ago. Still going strong...

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 24th 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
emmaitch

"Ughino Fantocci" wrote in message
ups.com...
LOL! If it were so simple I wouln't have asked to half planet how to
reset the router.
The 642R doesn't have an external reset botton. Lucky who has a 645R!

Zyxeldotcodotuklegacy productsgave this link:

ftp://ftp(dot)zyxel(dot)co(dot)uk/p642r/ which you will need to convert
back. Seems to have documentation and drivers for what you have got. It
IS that simple.

Mike Hardy