Fixing a Red exchange

Old April 24th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

Default Fixing a Red exchange

The VP status of my exchange is Red :-( and the date BT says it will fix
it keeps getting put off. First it was 8 March, then 16 March, then 16
April, and now it's 16 May, according to both Zen's and Plusnet's
exchange checkers.

Please, does anyone know anything about this procedure? Can I still
expect something might get done on 16 May, or does BT just publish any
date and advance it each month until it gets round to a fix?

--
Nightowl
Old April 24th 06, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:17:42 +0100, wrote:

The VP status of my exchange is Red :-( and the date BT says it will fix
it keeps getting put off. First it was 8 March, then 16 March, then 16
April, and now it's 16 May, according to both Zen's and Plusnet's
exchange checkers.

Please, does anyone know anything about this procedure? Can I still
expect something might get done on 16 May, or does BT just publish any
date and advance it each month until it gets round to a fix?

Hi,

Generally we see them meet targeted dates and the update afterwards will
show the status goes back to green, however what can happen particularly
at bigger exchanges is that one VP is fixed only for another to go red and
because the data is only updated weekly it can just look like the exchange
is constantly red with dates that keep slipping. If you've seen slow
speeds the whole time I'd suggest contacting your ISP and see if they can
raise anything to BT Wholesale about it.

Old April 25th 06, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

PlusNet Support Team wrote on Mon, 24 Apr 2006:

Generally we see them meet targeted dates and the update afterwards
will show the status goes back to green, however what can happen
particularly at bigger exchanges is that one VP is fixed only for
another to go red and because the data is only updated weekly it can
just look like the exchange is constantly red with dates that keep
slipping.

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

My exchange is Faversham. I don't think it is particularly big, though--
serves about 9,350 premises, according to samknows.

If you've seen slow speeds the whole time I'd suggest contacting your
ISP and see if they can raise anything to BT Wholesale about it.

It was Zen who alerted me to the VP problem back in March. They did
offer to raise a fault with BT, but said realistically nothing was
likely to be done until the VP problem was fixed. Perhaps I should get
in touch again.

--
Nightowl