Hosting query

Old April 24th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

Default Hosting query

I'm looking for a cheap/free hosting deal on a small (less than ½Mb) site,
containing a few HTML files and a single PHP file. I've Googled around and
found a large number of free hosting deals, but they all carry banners and
advertising, which I'd rather do without.

Could anyone recommend a least-cost option?

TIA

Old April 24th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

Let mo know what the site is , and I may be able to help!

Old April 24th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

Let me know what the site is , and I may be able to help!

Old April 24th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Cummings

In message , Trent
SC writes
I'm looking for a cheap/free hosting deal on a small (less than ½Mb) site,
containing a few HTML files and a single PHP file. I've Googled around and
found a large number of free hosting deals, but they all carry banners and
advertising, which I'd rather do without.

Could anyone recommend a least-cost option?

I've used www.purplecloud.net for a couple of years now, and find them
excellent.

(Usual disclaimers, no affiliation, etc)
--
Ian Cummings
Old April 24th 06, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Could anyone recommend a least-cost option?

pogga.co.uk ?

(i`m thinking of throwing mine on there, seeing as Pipexs' webspace is
STILL down...)
Old April 24th 06, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I've used www.purplecloud.net for a couple of years now, and find them
excellent.

Hmm... 350Mb transfer / month could be a little on the low side...
Old April 24th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

"Trent SC" wrote in message
I'm looking for a cheap/free hosting deal on a small (less than ½Mb)
site, containing a few HTML files and a single PHP file. I've Googled
around and found a large number of free hosting deals, but they all
carry banners and advertising, which I'd rather do without.

Could anyone recommend a least-cost option?

I've been using www.hostingforabuck.net for about 18 months, and I have
found them to be reliable and responsive.
Only $1 a month, paid annually in advance, so about £6.74 for a years
hosting.