Phoning 0560 numbers from UK mobiles

Old April 24th 06, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Barry

Default Phoning 0560 numbers from UK mobiles

I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs dialling
them fron O2.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old April 24th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Barry wrote:
I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs dialling
them fron O2.
Any help would be appreciated.

There are all sorts of issues dialling 0560 numbers - Most NTL Landlines
cannot call them - T-Mobile is another.

I accidentally acquired an 0560 number which I cannot ring from Orange....

Who's got an 0560 number that you call? Get them to replace it with a
normal geographic number. Free providers: www.sipgate.co.uk www.voip.co.uk
Old April 24th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Barry

I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not
the point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...

Old April 24th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Barry laid this down on his screen :

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...
Barry wrote:
[...]

Sincerely, I wish you luck. Perhaps, if you succeed, NTL will follow
suit, now TW & NTL are one, so to speak.

Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
choose your Telco, after all.

Old April 24th 06, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TKD

I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs
dialling them fron O2.
Any help would be appreciated.

When I had one of these with awful numbers with BT Broadband Voice I
complained and told them the service was not fit for purpose as I could not
receive calls from several networks. They gave me a second geo number that
diverted to my BT BBV number. However it was an Birmingham number which
was confusing to my contacts as I am in London. I don't use BT anymore.

Old April 24th 06, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Barry wrote:
I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not
the point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

They can do what they want, unless you think it says somewhere in their
T&Cs that they have to allow you to call any telephone number/prefix
current or future.

Only BT and KC are currently obliged to such things - you should
complain to Ofcom, but don't hold your breath.
Old April 24th 06, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Ward

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:

Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
choose your Telco, after all.

No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number they
must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via
offcom, and it can take a while for all the networks to support new codes.

Check the number out on http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/cgi-bin-Phones/nng?GNG=
or use my search page
http://www.wardrowntree.pwp.blueyond...uk/search.html

--
Kind Regards
Stuart

Old April 25th 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Stuart Ward" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:

Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
choose your Telco, after all.

No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number
they
must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via
offcom, and it can take a while for all the networks to support new
codes.

According to Oftel, NTL can, and presumably so can some other companies.
When 0560 numbers were first introduced, I contacted Oftel informing
them of NTL's refusal to enable the numbers. Oftel were very concerned
and looked into it, but the outcome was that they had no power to force
NTL to enable 0560 numbers.

Old April 25th 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linus Surguy

Stuart Ward wrote:

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:

Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
choose your Telco, after all.

No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number they
must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via

I'm afraid Telewest and NTL do not have a USO, nor do they have SMP in Call
Origination, therefore they are allowed to carry and not carry any number ranges
they like.

Whilst you might possibily have some ground under consumer/advertising
regulations, you don't under telecom ones.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!
Old April 25th 06, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Stuart Ward wrote :
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:

Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
choose your Telco, after all.

No they cant,

Yes they can, yes they can, yes they can (with the exception of
Kingston & BT AFAIK)