*@Home questions

Old April 24th 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default *@Home questions

I know there are some clever asterisks bods out there so wondering if
someone may spare some advice

I have [email protected] running and trying to use G729 codec to help increase the
quality of sound (currently with other computers running outgoing sound gets
delayed)
I bought 2 licenses and installed them as I think they should, when I check
the status it appears like it know I have 2 licenses. However if I set my
phones to only use G729
and call *60 it just rings out, in the console nothing appears, I have
tested with 3 types of phones with the same results

Is there anything special in [email protected] which needs to be changed for
G729, I am guessing to use with accounts maybe but even internally?

The PC I am running on is an old Pentium3 I have tried with both the p3m and
i386 builds with same results.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Old April 24th 06, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"RH" wrote in message
[...]

Is this any help? http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=70 scroll down a few
paragraphs to "Installing the G.729 Codec for Asterisk"

*60 ? that's for [email protected]'s speaking clock, isn't it?

Old April 24th 06, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

*60 ? that's for [email protected]'s speaking clock, isn't it?

yep that was just a internal test I was using with G711 codex set on the
phones it works wel, with G729 it allways fails

Old April 25th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"RH" wrote in message
*60 ? that's for [email protected]'s speaking clock, isn't it?

yep that was just a internal test I was using with G711 codex set on the
phones it works wel, with G729 it allways fails

HI

Ok if you do a "show translations" does g729 show up with a translation
time?

Have you configures the sip.conf to allow g729? and finally have you set the
phones to use it.

And finally you may be upset as it does take a bit of horse power to
transcode so you may get a better bandwidth bur more latency due to the
transcoding time.

Ian
www.cyber-cottage.co.uk

Old April 26th 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Ok if you do a "show translations" does g729 show up with a translation
time?

Have you configures the sip.conf to allow g729? and finally have you set
the
phones to use it.

And finally you may be upset as it does take a bit of horse power to
transcode so you may get a better bandwidth bur more latency due to the
transcoding time.

Thanks for the info,
all is working well now, it was just the conf file which was at fault