Which SIP VoIP Provider do you recommend?

Old April 24th 06, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Smithers

Default Which SIP VoIP Provider do you recommend?

Hi, I'm looking to switch from Skrap to something that can - in order of
importance:

Offer great along the lines of www.voipcheap.co.uk (free landline calls
etc.)
Port my (020) London number to their service
Voicemail, Caller Display, Call Waiting
SIP compatible so I can turn the PC off

Who do people recommend?
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

Old April 25th 06, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Smithers

I've found www.voipfone.co.uk which has an incredible range of services,
calls start at 1.1p (just less than Skype and very reasonable) and their
support team replied to confirm they can port in numbers, 2 minutes after I
sent the question!

Can anyone beat that?
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

. uk...

Old April 25th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roy MacDonald

"Chris Smithers" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Hi
I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at a
reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name is
in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.
I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
none of them regret move, have a look at them.
cheers
Roy MacDonald

Old April 25th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Smithers

"Roy MacDonald" wrote in message

Hi
I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at
a reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name
is in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.
I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
none of them regret move, have a look at them.
cheers
Roy MacDonald

They don't look too bad, but they don't offer as many services, and their
calls to mobiles can be 5p more expensive at times (and 5p cheaper at
others).

Do you know if they can port in numbers, as that is the clincher.

Old April 25th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:47:12 GMT, "Chris Smithers"
wrote:

"Roy MacDonald" wrote in message

Hi
I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at
a reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name
is in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.
I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
none of them regret move, have a look at them.
cheers
Roy MacDonald

They don't look too bad, but they don't offer as many services, and their
calls to mobiles can be 5p more expensive at times (and 5p cheaper at
others).

Do you know if they can port in numbers, as that is the clincher.

You don't have to use the same provider for both incoming and outgoing
calls.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 25th 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Roy MacDonald wrote:

Hi
I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at a
reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name is
in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.

Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
some services with voipfone.

I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
none of them regret move, have a look at them.

I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.

Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
I've had no joy out of them).

cheers
Roy MacDonald

Old April 25th 06, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Roy MacDonald wrote:

[...]

Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

cheers
Roy MacDonald

Old April 25th 06, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes
I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.

Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
I've had no joy out of them).

Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

Be aware though that if you call European mobiles they can be expensive.
Their call rates page is broken at the moment, but I was charged over
70p per minute (inc VAT) for a call to a Liechstentein mobile. A query
confirm that to be correct - that's about 33% more than BT PSTN charges
and a LOT more than other VoIP providers.

So, check the price first!

David
Old April 25th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roy MacDonald

wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:55:58 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:
You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

You seem to be most FORTUNATE I also have had problems with them that
has taken an age to get sorted and they have still not sorted out the
web site .
Bloody amateurs

Hi
so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see I
always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
thanks
Roy

Old April 25th 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Smithers

wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:41:57 +0100, "Roy MacDonald"
wrote:
Hi
so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see
always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
thanks
Roy

I am very pleased with Voipfone myself Roy have been since I signed up
with them several months ago now and I do not think they can be beaten
for price and service offered.I mainly use voipfone for the mobile
call back service which saves pounds when out and about and for
certain incoming calls .
I really must get around to closing my voip.co.uk account down it is
very seldom used has I use voipcheap and sipdiscount for outbound
calls .

So would you say voipcheap + voipfone are a good combination for outgoing +
incoming calls? That way apparently I get unlimited (?) free calls to
landlines in most countries, and can port in my number for incoming calls.