what sort of ADSL modem?

Old April 25th 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Morris

Default what sort of ADSL modem?

I have a DI-304 ISDN router, and I now have an ADSL connection to Zen.
I'd like to get an ADSL modem that can let the ISDN router use the
ADSL connection, so I can fall back into ISDN if the ADSL go down.

But the ISDN router knows about PPPoE, PPTP, or static IP. Zen want me
to use PPPoA.

I don't think setting the ISDN router to use PPPoE will work (but can
ADSL modems convert between the two?). I haven't found an ADSL modem
that can work with PPTP (the DSLW-906E doesn't seem to be available).
And I'm not sure I can go down the static IP route.

Is there an ADSL modem that will work for me? Or should I forget about
using the ISDN router I have, and get a new ADSL modem/router?

Thanks in advance,

S.
Old April 26th 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Kappler

This may be total tosh but....

Draytek do Routers in their Vigor 2600/2800 range that support both
ADSL and ISDN (look for model suffix Gi).

Whether these would do what you want operationally I dont have enough
knowledge to say.

JohnK