Local Rate Greek number for VOIP to the UK?

Old April 25th 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Derek Fossitt

Default Local Rate Greek number for VOIP to the UK?

Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece to
call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be done
anyhow?

Thanks
Derek Fossitt

Old April 25th 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Derek Fossitt wrote:
Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece to
call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be done
anyhow?

Will you not have internet connectivity? You could get a UK VoIP account
and take the details/an ATA with you?
Old April 25th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Derek Fossitt

"Derek Fossitt" wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece

call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be

done
anyhow?

Thanks
Derek Fossitt

I might not have explained very well in my post that I want to call the UK
from Greece using any regular telephone. I want if possible to be able to
call a local number (local rate) in Greece and connect back home to my VOIP
adapter on my home telephone. Basically so I can call home as cheaply as
possible.

I wont have any access to a computer in Greece, so I wouldn't be able to
access Skype etc.

Thanks
Derek Fossitt

Old April 25th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Derek Fossitt wrote on 25/04/2006 :
[...]

It's all Greek to me I'm afraid http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx
Can't tell if they offer what you want.

Old April 26th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Markettos

Jono wrote:
It's all Greek to me I'm afraid http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx
Can't tell if they offer what you want.

They would, except they're restricted to ADSL connections in Greece:
https://www.i-call.gr/icallFAQ.aspx#question16
(mainly they're worried about echo and service deterioration)

The other VoIP services listed he
http://www.voipinfo.gr/component/opt...d,43/board,2.0
doesn't seem to do incoming calls.
(vivodi.gr only has VOIP+DSL together)

It might be worth asking:
http://www.greekvoip.com/
or
http://www.voipinfo.gr/
I doubt they'd mind if you ask in English.

Theo
Old April 27th 06, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Theo Markettos wrote:
Jono wrote:
It's all Greek to me I'm afraid http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx
Can't tell if they offer what you want.

They would, except they're restricted to ADSL connections in Greece:
https://www.i-call.gr/icallFAQ.aspx#question16
(mainly they're worried about echo and service deterioration)

Not so, you can sign up and use it from anywhere but you do have to
give a valid Greek address in order to get an incoming number (legal
requirement).

There is another alternative at www.evoice.gr. You don't got a "proper"
incoming number but you can call 8012003864 and then dial your account
number. The catch here is that 801 numbers can only be dialed from OTE
lines.

Old April 27th 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Derek

wrote in message
oups.com...

Theo Markettos wrote:
Jono wrote:
It's all Greek to me I'm afraid http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx
Can't tell if they offer what you want.

They would, except they're restricted to ADSL connections in Greece:
https://www.i-call.gr/icallFAQ.aspx#question16
(mainly they're worried about echo and service deterioration)

Not so, you can sign up and use it from anywhere but you do have to
give a valid Greek address in order to get an incoming number (legal
requirement).

There is another alternative at www.evoice.gr. You don't got a "proper"
incoming number but you can call 8012003864 and then dial your account
number. The catch here is that 801 numbers can only be dialed from OTE
lines.

So the general opinion is that it cant be done then??

Old May 3rd 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"Derek Fossitt" wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece
call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be
done
anyhow?

Thanks
Derek Fossitt

Sorry for being a bit late to this. I had to set up something similar in
Spain for my mother and was able to purchase a local Malaga direct dial
number that is redirected to my VoIP line. I purchased the number through
Gradwell[.com] who were very helpful. They may be able to assist you, too.