Less than 12mo contact available?

Old April 26th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Less than 12mo contact available?

I might just need Broadband for 6mo, anyone know a company where I don't
have to pay leaving fees and end of contract fees?

What's the cheapest option if i do go for a 12mo contract, or a company that
doesn't charge lots of money to leave before?

Thanks

Old April 26th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , says...
I might just need Broadband for 6mo, anyone know a company where I don't
have to pay leaving fees and end of contract fees?

What's the cheapest option if i do go for a 12mo contract, or a company that
doesn't charge lots of money to leave before?

Thanks

just sign up with one where you pay activation up front. That way you
should get a monthly rolling contract if it's a decent ISP.

Zen and Eclipse etc do that, or free activation on a 12 month deal.
Doing it so you pay installation upfront means you just need one months
notice whenever you decide to cancel.

FR
Old April 26th 06, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 26 Apr 2006 Zaaza wrote:

anyone know a company where I don't have to pay leaving fees and end of
contract fees?

What's the cheapest option if i do go for a 12mo contract, or a company
that doesn't charge lots of money to leave before?

A number of ISPs have one month contracts, and cheap/free migration for you
to move over to their service. I've seen postings in this group from chap
called Steve of www.ace-internet.co.uk who has stated they charge no setup,
have 3 month minimum contract, and no penalty fees for leaving. Sorry, I'm
not able to comment on their service - see http://www.ADSLguide.org/ and
use Google http://groups.google.com/ to look for user comments (and the
posts by Steve about the service - within last 3 months at a guess).

With only a 3 months minimum, you'd be able to switch if you were unhappy.
Alternatively, pay up-front with firms like Eclipse, Zen, Nildram and you
should find a fee of around 40 +VAT and get 1 month contracts from anyone
else you find... www.ADSLguide.org is handy for comparisons ! Peter M.
Old April 28th 06, 06:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Thanks for the info..

What's the company that has the cheapest sign up .... I see some companies
charge quite a fee to join

thanks

"poster" wrote in message
news

Old April 28th 06, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 28 Apr 2006 06:41, Zaaza wrote:

What's the company that has the cheapest sign up .... I see some companies
charge quite a fee to join

BT Wholesale charges 40 to the ISP and the ISPs often pass that on (+VAT)

If you get "free" activation, you are normally tied by a long contract

If you don't want a long contract, the majority of ISPs will charge you a
setup fee, or if you leave you may have to pay an "admin" (exit) fee. If
you look using http://groups.google.com/ you may find some ISPs offer a
free activation. Note that Virgin.net did some time ago but now make a
charge (entry/exit, I don't remember, sorry). Peter M.

--
UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4 - Happy to save cash!!