PAP2 Line 1 calling line 2 ?

Old April 26th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

Default PAP2 Line 1 calling line 2 ?

I have a new'ish PAP2 and setup Sipgate on line 1 and Voipbuster on
line 2. Is it possible with a phone on line 1 to make a call via
voipbuster ? Some kinda of internal forwarding or dial code to switch
to the other line ? I don't want to buy a two line phone and guessing
something must be possible.... anyone ? TIA
Old April 26th 06, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:08:13 GMT, Bleh
wrote:

I have a new'ish PAP2 and setup Sipgate on line 1 and Voipbuster on
line 2. Is it possible with a phone on line 1 to make a call via
voipbuster ? Some kinda of internal forwarding or dial code to switch
to the other line ? I don't want to buy a two line phone and guessing
something must be possible.... anyone ? TIA

I would guess so. I am not familiar with the PAP2 specifically but I
am familiar with the SPA-3000. The dial plan configuration, I assume,
will be the same, bar provision of gateways. You should be able to
configure as many different outgoing providers as you like. Just
organise your dial plan appropriately.
Example syntax:-
;usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="yyyy yy";nat=yes
Here the provider is voiptalk.org
xxxxxxxx is your username and yyyyyy is your password.
dialling #2 will access voiptalk. Then dial your number when you hear
the second dial tone.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 26th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

[...]

I don't think it's possible. The PAP2 is, I believe, virtually identical
in terms of firmware/facilities to the Sipura SPA-2000. I have one of
these and it isn't possible on that. If you have two separate phone
sockets, then each one is configured for the account you have set up on
that socket.

It is possible if you connect a PBX to the two phone sockets, then all
connected extensions would be able to access either port, but with a
single phone plugged into one port, I don't think so. The SPA-3000 is
different in that it has one phone port and one PSTN port, these are
different so configuration is different.

I am willing to be proved wrong, if someone has succeeded in doing this, I
for one would be interested, but somehow I doubt it.

A 2 line phone such as the BT Converse 2025 is relatively cheap (it's a
good phone, too) so why don't you consider this..?

Ivor

Old April 27th 06, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Meggahurtz

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

I don't think it's possible. The PAP2 is, I believe, virtually identical

It`s possible, I have a Pap2 running Sipura Firmware 3.1.8 (SEc) and use
Port 1 for Sipgate and Voipstunt, I just push # when picking up the handset
to switch to Line 2.

Old April 27th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Meggahurtz wrote:
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

I don't think it's possible. The PAP2 is, I believe, virtually identical

It`s possible, I have a Pap2 running Sipura Firmware 3.1.8 (SEc) and use
Port 1 for Sipgate and Voipstunt, I just push # when picking up the handset
to switch to Line 2.

I have read about this, but doesnt it introduce some problems? LEDs
not working as they should are one thing, but anything more serious?

Just out of interest, does it also route incoming calls on both lines in
through port1?
Old April 27th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Meggahurtz

"Scope" wrote in message
I have read about this, but doesnt it introduce some problems? LEDs not
working as they should are one thing, but anything more serious?

The only LED that is out is the power led, i`ve been very happy with how
it`s working, not noticed anything bad about the Firmware.

Just out of interest, does it also route incoming calls on both lines in
through port1?

Don`t think so, the "Line 1" is the incoming line and "Line 1 & Line 2" can
be used for dialling out so I personally use Sipgate on Line 1 and Voipstunt
on Line 2

Old April 27th 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:08:52 GMT, "Meggahurtz"
wrote:

"Scope" wrote in message
.. .
I have read about this, but doesnt it introduce some problems? LEDs not
working as they should are one thing, but anything more serious?

The only LED that is out is the power led, i`ve been very happy with how
it`s working, not noticed anything bad about the Firmware.

Just out of interest, does it also route incoming calls on both lines in
through port1?

Don`t think so, the "Line 1" is the incoming line and "Line 1 & Line 2" can
be used for dialling out so I personally use Sipgate on Line 1 and Voipstunt
on Line 2

I assume the PAP2 does have a seperate dialling plan for each line.
Thus, as I stated earlier in this thread, there should be no limit as
to the number of providers that can be set up, in the dial plan, for
OUTGOING calls, using the syntax I posted. It is irrelevant what
incoming providers are used on either of the lines. This is assuming
that the PAP2 will allow that syntax as other Linksys/Sipura ATAs do.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 27th 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

"Scope" wrote in message
I have read about this, but doesnt it introduce some
problems? LEDs not working as they should are one
thing, but anything more serious?

The only LED that is out is the power led, i`ve been very
happy with how it`s working, not noticed anything bad
about the Firmware.
Just out of interest, does it also route incoming calls
on both lines in through port1?

Don`t think so, the "Line 1" is the incoming line and
"Line 1 & Line 2" can be used for dialling out so I
personally use Sipgate on Line 1 and Voipstunt on Line 2

Hmm. It must be something in the dial plan then, it certainly doesn't work
on my Sipura SPA-2000. What dial plan are you using..?

Ivor

Old April 27th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Meggahurtz

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Hmm. It must be something in the dial plan then, it certainly doesn't work
on my Sipura SPA-2000. What dial plan are you using..?

Ivor

I`m using a Dial plan from a chap who posted his on here about a week ago,
prior to this I wasn`t using any dial plan and the PaP2 still worked the way
I explained.

Old April 27th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Meggahurtz

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message
news
(*xx|0|00|0:0044[1-9]x.|:00441493[2-9]xxxxx|[2-9]xxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

This is the one i`m using for Line 1 & 2.