digidave special ata

Old April 26th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
fester

Default digidave special ata

I bought this digidave special ata, see link,
http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_in...20ae34cc649f10
The manual is at
http://support.digidave.co.uk/index....s&_m=get&_i=38
I am having nightmares getting this set up and would appreciate any
help at all.
I am signed up to blueface.ie
Thanks in advance
Fester

Old April 26th 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

"fester" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought this digidave special ata, see link,
http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_in...20ae34cc649f10
The manual is at
http://support.digidave.co.uk/index....s&_m=get&_i=38
I am having nightmares getting this set up and would appreciate any
help at all.
I am signed up to blueface.ie
Thanks in advance
Fester

Hi Fester

What problems are you experiencing? Who is your VoIP provider?

Several of us have ad problems setting these units up. Sipdiscount seems to
work, and I've managed to get sipgate to work (although it took me 3 days to
figure it out).

Steve

Old April 26th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
fester

I am signed up with blueface and as far as the problems, well I'd say
everything, I can't get the ata to register and have no idea which
settings I'm attempting to put in are correct and which are incorrect.
So any advice or help would be gratefully received
Fester

Old April 27th 06, 06:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

"fester" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am signed up with blueface and as far as the problems, well I'd say
everything, I can't get the ata to register and have no idea which
settings I'm attempting to put in are correct and which are incorrect.
So any advice or help would be gratefully received
Fester

Same situation I had with sipgate. In the end, I have to stick the ata unit
and PC onto a hub, and run ethereal on the PC so that I could see what the
atat unit was doing when it was trying to register.
Doing this, I found that it was passing the information contained in the
PHONE NUMBER field as the username.

Try this:

PHONE NUMBER = your userid
CALLER ID = your phone number
USERNAME = your username
PASSWORD = your password

If you are behind a router, then you would probably require a STUN server.
Try it with and without the STUN server set

STUN SERVER ADDRESS = stun.fwdnet.net
STUN PORT = blank

You will then have to restart the unit.

Old April 27th 06, 08:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

"The s-Bray" wrote in message
. uk...

"fester" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Sorry PHONE NUMBER should be username.

Old April 27th 06, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Walker

"fester" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought this digidave special ata, see link,
http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_in...20ae34cc649f10
The manual is at
http://support.digidave.co.uk/index....s&_m=get&_i=38
I am having nightmares getting this set up and would appreciate any
help at all.
I am signed up to blueface.ie
Thanks in advance
Fester

I've got one of these set up for use with SIPDiscount and it didn't really
cause me any real problems. It didn't work until I put something in the
phone number box, but I put in the number SIPDiscount allocated me.

Rob

Old April 27th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
fester

Thanks for all your help I now have a functioning ATA which without
your advice would still be so much plastic
Thanks again
Fester

Old April 27th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Walker

"fester" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought this digidave special ata, see link,
http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_in...20ae34cc649f10
The manual is at
http://support.digidave.co.uk/index....s&_m=get&_i=38
I am having nightmares getting this set up and would appreciate any
help at all.

My post further down probably won't be of much help but I just wanted to say
thanks for posting the link the manual - mine was only shipped with the
quickstart guide :-)

Old May 6th 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
. uk...

"fester" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought this digidave special ata, see link,
http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_in...20ae34cc649f10
The manual is at
http://support.digidave.co.uk/index....s&_m=get&_i=38
I am having nightmares getting this set up and would appreciate any
help at all.

My post further down probably won't be of much help but I just wanted to
say thanks for posting the link the manual - mine was only shipped with
the quickstart guide :-)

Lol, I still not got mine going. I sent first one back with a request to let
me know what was wrong with it. No reply.

Old May 9th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
suephi

On Sat, 06 May 2006 09:26:43 GMT, "Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE
wrote:

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
.uk...

"fester" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought this digidave special ata, see link,
http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_in...20ae34cc649f10
The manual is at
http://support.digidave.co.uk/index....s&_m=get&_i=38
I am having nightmares getting this set up and would appreciate any
help at all.

My post further down probably won't be of much help but I just wanted to
say thanks for posting the link the manual - mine was only shipped with
the quickstart guide :-)

Lol, I still not got mine going. I sent first one back with a request to let
me know what was wrong with it. No reply.

I'd be interested in the outcome of this. I have one of these too and
have been struggling to make it work for the last couple of weeks
using all the posts here. I've tried with voip.co.uk, voipcheap and
sipdiscount all to no avail (voip.co.uk is my preferred provider).
I've been using a netgear TA612v with a dlink dsl 504 router a a
softphone too for a little while with no real problems but had the
bright idea of changing it for a *normal* TA, I'm about to chuck the
digidave one through the window, it's taken more time and effort than
it's worth.

--
Suephi