Sipgate PSTN Problem

Old April 27th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Barrett

Default Sipgate PSTN Problem

currently getting number unobtainable from PSTN or mobile if I ring my
sipgate number - anyone else having problems?

Old April 27th 06, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Roger Barrett" wrote in message
currently getting number unobtainable from PSTN or mobile if I ring my
sipgate number - anyone else having problems?

Just tried, and got the usual 2 or 3 times before connection.

Old April 27th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DJ

In message , Roger Barrett
writes
currently getting number unobtainable from PSTN or mobile if I ring my
sipgate number - anyone else having problems?

Working ok here.

--
DJ
Old April 27th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Roger Barrett" wrote in message
currently getting number unobtainable from PSTN or mobile if I ring my
sipgate number - anyone else having problems?

Working fine here.

Old April 27th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

wrote:

God bless em .

My word! Mighty restrained of you Dexter!

Just tried to phone my Sipgate London number via voipstunt. First time
it connected, my wife answered the ringing extension and my (calling)
handset continued "brrr-brrr"ing - though she could hear me talking.
Second time it worked fine. Weird.

Old April 27th 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Well, i've been running asterisk for a couple of weeks.

Sipgate kept showing as offline, and incoming calls not always working..

But past 5ish days....... It's never once failed
Old April 28th 06, 01:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

Well, i've been running asterisk for a couple of weeks.

Sipgate kept showing as offline, and incoming calls not
always working..

But past 5ish days....... It's never once failed

The new registration servers have been online since around the 19th. I've
had no problems here since then, anyway.

Sometimes though a PSTN problem can be down to the gateway at whoever
provides the PSTN number, not just at Sipgate's end. It might even be down
to BT (Shock, horror, gasp..!)

Ivor

Old April 28th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
techpro

It was probably about the 19th that my SMC Voip/router has been unable
to log in to Sipgate. The Voip light is blinking on the front panel.
Status connection on the web interface says "in progress". I just tried
with the Sipgate X-Lite I downloaded when I signed up, and that
connects OK. If I put voipuser.org or gossiptel details in to the
router, it connects OK. Any ideas? All sipgate's support has come up
with so far is dumb stuff like I'm using the website password. I
haven't touched the settings for weeks!

Old April 28th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"techpro" wrote in message
oups.com
It was probably about the 19th that my SMC Voip/router
has been unable to log in to Sipgate. The Voip light is
blinking on the front panel. Status connection on the web
interface says "in progress". I just tried with the
Sipgate X-Lite I downloaded when I signed up, and that
connects OK. If I put voipuser.org or gossiptel details
in to the router, it connects OK. Any ideas? All
sipgate's support has come up with so far is dumb stuff
like I'm using the website password. I haven't touched
the settings for weeks!

I don't know this device, but one thing is possible. Do you use
"sipgate.co.uk" to log in or an IP address..? The new servers will have
new IP addresses and if your device requires an IP address rather than
just "sipgate.co.uk" then it's possible that this could cause the problem,
but not knowing the device you have I'm not certain.

Ivor