When will providers start offering ADSL Max?

Old April 27th 06, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek

Default When will providers start offering ADSL Max?

Ive been waiting around two years now to improve my speed from the 1MB
service I have now to at least 2MB. I was told by my provider that I
couldnt have 2MB even though everyone else on this street gets it.
(something strange)... Now we have ADSL Max and none of the ISPs seem to be
offering it. Whats going on? BT say my line is good for 6MB now, but my
ISP seems to be dragging their feet. Does anyone know why it is not widely
available yet? Whats the hold up?

Old April 28th 06, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Derek wrote:
Ive been waiting around two years now to improve my speed from the
1MB service I have now to at least 2MB. I was told by my provider
that I couldnt have 2MB even though everyone else on this street
gets it. (something strange)... Now we have ADSL Max and none of
the ISPs seem to be offering it. Whats going on? BT say my line
is good for 6MB now, but my ISP seems to be dragging their feet.
Does anyone know why it is not widely available yet? Whats the
hold up?

At the present moment the bottle neck is with BT Wholesale rationing
the number of upgrades, per ISP per day. Apparently they will be
introducing a bulk regrade tool in the near future so things may pick
up then, but a lot will depend on how your ISP wants to play it

Old April 28th 06, 12:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

kráftéé wrote:
Derek wrote:
Ive been waiting around two years now to improve my speed from the
1MB service I have now to at least 2MB. I was told by my provider
that I couldnt have 2MB even though everyone else on this street
gets it. (something strange)... Now we have ADSL Max and none of
the ISPs seem to be offering it. Whats going on? BT say my line
is good for 6MB now, but my ISP seems to be dragging their feet.
Does anyone know why it is not widely available yet? Whats the
hold up?

At the present moment the bottle neck is with BT Wholesale rationing
the number of upgrades, per ISP per day. Apparently they will be
introducing a bulk regrade tool in the near future so things may pick
up then, but a lot will depend on how your ISP wants to play it

Hi there,

The bulk regrade tool is available as we speak. It was made available
over the last week or so.

Regards,

Old April 28th 06, 06:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Derek wrote:
Now we have ADSL Max and none of the ISPs seem to be
offering it. Whats going on?

You have an ISP that is either too busy signing up new customers to Max
or has so many that you are in the queue for the bulk upgrade facility.

My more modestly sized ISP has upgraded over 20 odd lines we use - and
they have all benefited from higher download and (more helpfully) upload
speeds.
Old April 28th 06, 07:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

"Derek" wrote in message
Ive been waiting around two years now to improve my speed from the 1MB
service I have now to at least 2MB. I was told by my provider that I
couldnt have 2MB even though everyone else on this street gets it.
(something strange)... Now we have ADSL Max and none of the ISPs seem to
be
offering it. Whats going on? BT say my line is good for 6MB now, but my
ISP seems to be dragging their feet. Does anyone know why it is not
widely
available yet? Whats the hold up?

AAISP upgrade lines as soon as we ask them - request one day, done
early next morning. We've had around 40 done so far.

Old April 28th 06, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:04:59 +0100, "Derek"
wrote:

Ive been waiting around two years now to improve my speed from the 1MB
service I have now to at least 2MB. I was told by my provider that I
couldnt have 2MB even though everyone else on this street gets it.
(something strange)... Now we have ADSL Max and none of the ISPs seem to be
offering it. Whats going on? BT say my line is good for 6MB now, but my
ISP seems to be dragging their feet. Does anyone know why it is not widely
available yet? Whats the hold up?

Several ISPs are offering it.

There are limitations on how fast BT will process orders, so many ISPs
are promoting it heavily, so as not to get swamped with orders they
can't fulfil quickly.

But several are automatically putting new customers on ADSLMax, and
upgrading existing customers who ask.

I am with Plusnet, and was upgraded on Tuesday (after asking for it
last Friday).
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Those who can't write, write manuals.
Old April 29th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterW

"Derek" wrote in
:

Ive been waiting around two years now to improve my speed from the 1MB
service I have now to at least 2MB. I was told by my provider that I
couldnt have 2MB even though everyone else on this street gets it.
(something strange)... Now we have ADSL Max and none of the ISPs seem
to be offering it. Whats going on? BT say my line is good for 6MB
now, but my ISP seems to be dragging their feet. Does anyone know why
it is not widely available yet? Whats the hold up?

My ISP (Freedom2Surf) has already upgraded me to MAX.
Peter